News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY. April 22 & 23, 2017

Started by Graywolf, April 23, 2017, 07:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a great weekend at Knob Creek this weekend.  In spite of the weather being cold and rainy all 9 of our registered shooters made their way to the range for a weekend of marksmanship training and of celebrating out heritage as Americans.

Congratulations to Spencer, Zane, Pierson, and Ryan on shooting rifleman's scores.  Well done gentlemen, well done!  Congratulations to Zane and Eric for stepping up and taking an orange hat and helping spread the word.  I hope to work with both of you somewhere down the trail!

We had several others who were knocking on the door.  Remember, a rifleman persists!  You will get there!  Dry fire, practice, and working on the fundamentals will get the job done.

Many thanks to the Knob Creek Gun Range for hosting our event and for all the help and support they gave us.  Thank you also to all my instructors: Dond, Pocketknife, Reckless Rick, WmLyons, for all your hard work.  You are the ones who made the shoot a success.

I'll post up what pics I have as soon as I can get them off my iPhone.  In the meantime, everyone post up the ones you have. 
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

esdd67

My son Zane receiving his Rifleman patch from Greywolf. He qualified with a score of 218 and went on to shoot a score of 227 and 212 on the next two AQT's. Zane could not have made me any more proud!

esdd67

Zane's friend Ryan received his Rifleman as well. He shot a 210 on his fourth attempt Sunday!

esdd67

Zane's friend Ryan received his Rifleman as well. He shot a 210 on his fourth attempt Sunday!

esdd67

I received my Rifleman patch last year at this same shoot from DonD. Don attempted to recruit me as an instructor, at that time I had declined due to other commitments and not wanting to invest more time away from my family. Having anticipated Zane earning his rifleman I left my schedule open this year as I knew his desire to become an instructor and carry our heritage forward. We both have volunteered our services as instructors in training and are looking forward to learning more of the duties required of our commitment to Appleseed.

dond

What a great weekend this was. Even with such cold, shivery, and rainy weather 5 out of 9 shooters shot the Rifleman score and we welcomed two family members into the program as Orange Hats.  O0 O0 O0
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Guntuckian

Awesome results despite cold weather conditions.  But with such excellent staffing, it is not unexpected!  A hearty welcome to our two new Orange Hats, and to all our new Riflemen!  See:. https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyRifleman for our FB page!

--gb
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Graywolf

Pics from the event.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.