News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek Patriot's Day Shoot, April 22-23, 2017

Started by Rascal21, April 19, 2017, 09:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for being a part of it :)

All photos are posted here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1148060951970739

Some of the highlights:

Sorry this one is blurry

Stacy

Click

What a great weekend to have an Appleseed at Battle Creek Sportsman's Club. Weather was warm up in the 70's. We had 6 shooters come out and spend this great weekend with us, sharping their marksmanship skills and learning about our heritage. As always is was a pleasure working with our friends from the North (good luck building your Mapleseed program).

Our shooters did a great job pushing forward with the warm weather, and we had 3 requals on Saturday alone. Jason, Bill, and Ken congratulations to you guys for your requal scores and to Ken amazing job hitting that 243 at the end of Sat. Eli and Elijah are knocking on the door with scores up in the 190's, just keep practicing and your both will get those scores.. btw I love the stocks on your rifles.

I would also like to thank the club for allowing us to have our shoot this last weekend, it is a great club and a great host.

Now I know there were alot of pictures taken this weekend so lets get to posting them because
:pics:

KenGilcrest

I had a great time at the Patriot's Day shoot in Battle Creek.  FWIW: I have been to Appleseeds in five different states now and I have to say that this group were probably the nicest people I have encountered in Appleseed (not that the others were bad). The weather was close to perfect (it did get a little hot, but then, I am not a hot weather fan).  It was great to meet everyone and I hope to cross paths with all of you again. The kids down at the other end of the line were really shooting good. I am predicting that we are going to see those guys shooting Rifleman scores at their next Appleseed. Click, you are a great Shoot Boss; you have a perfect personality to be a Shoot Boss and did a fantastic job.

.50calgrl

What a great weekend! Thank you Click, 3 Dogs and Rascal21 for all the amazing mentoring and instruction on how to make a fantastic shoot.

Great to finally meet you Ken! You are truly an excellent shooter and a fine gentleman.

Congratulations to Jason on achieving rifleman with iron sights.

Bill, thank you for bringing all your toys, your humour and being amazing with everyone (especially the boys).

And finally to Mike, Eligh and Elijah you were all so close. You stuck with it and I can say that you are all true riflemen (and will have the score to prove it soon) as a rifleman perseveres.

Thanks everyone for an amazing shoot!

Kelly
50calgrl 
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226