News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Holland, MI. April 29 & 30, 2017

Started by Graywolf, May 01, 2017, 09:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a swimmingly great time we had in Holland this past weekend.  Saturday was a perfect day for shooting and celebrating our heritage as Americans.  It was cloudy and temperate all day.  Sunday the rain came down in torrents and the range was literally flooded.  However, is spite of it all our shooters came to the line and did exceedingly well. 

Congratulations to Trystan and Reide for scoring riflemen scores on Saturday and then shooting re-qualifying scores on Sunday.  There were others that were knocking on the door and had conditions been such that we could have continued on Sunday I have no doubt they would have gotten there as well.  Keep it up!  A rifleman is persistent.  You will get there.

Thank you to the Chick-Owa Sportsman's club for hosting our event and for providing outstanding hot lunches on both days.  That was much appreciated.  Thank you to Snipette and Grindstone for volunteering their weekend to make this shoot happen.  You guys are fantastic. 

I will post up pics when I can get them off my phone, but in the mean time I know others took some as well so post 'em up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Snipette

Dedication... That's the word that comes to mind for me for all our shooters this weekend.  You guys knocked it out of the park and we are humbled by your dedication for the crew that returned to shoot during the tsunami!  :)  (Well, rain at at least!) 

I started an album on our facebook page with the photos I took.  Please have a look:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1148570421919792

Appreciate everyone and hope to see you all again soon at another shoot!
Brenda  (Snipette)
"You can only possess what you experience... Truth to be understood, must be lived"  -- Charlie Peacock

"My gear bag has more compartments than ANY purse!" - 3.dogs