News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Walking Battle Road!

Started by lupis42, April 06, 2017, 08:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

MA will be hosting an Appleseed trip down Battle Road on May 21st! 
We'll muster on Lexington green at 8, and proceed to the Paul Revere Capture site, the Old North Bridge, and Merriam's corner, giving everyone a chance to give each strike to a friendly audience, on the ground the actual events took place on.  If time permits, we'll proceed down the road to see places like Bloody Angle, Hartwell tavern, and more.
Whether you've never given the strikes before or you've been telling them for a decade, there's nothing like treading the ground to give you a new appreciation for the events of April 19th, 1775, and the achievement of that day.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harvard-ma-appleseed-instructor-event-may-21-2017-tickets-30218181394
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

The Wolfhound

Having made the trip to Battle Road last year, I cannot say enough about how it feels to walk the ground.  Hearing the story exactly where it took place will really bring it home.  Do not miss this if you are in range of it.  Be sure to speak to Isaac (the Minuteman statue) at the North Bridge and give him my regards.

Twineagles

Wow that would be fun. Alas instead I will be border raiding into NE to run a shoot and do a SBIT 3 to help add another green hat to their cadre. Maybe next year .....

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

lupis42

Reminder - coming up this Sunday!  All are welcome!
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.