Author Topic: 200 yd KD .22lr for Riflemen (What's after Rifleman? - This is!)  (Read 757 times)

Offline StevenK

• Shoot Boss
  • FRONT toward enemy-do not eat.
 RIFLEMEN  -  ever wonder what is after Appleseed's Rifleman patch?  Well, the sky is the limit, but don't shoot at that....however this KD  is something fun and different -We have another 200 KD for .22lr only scheduled in July - Please sign up! [Adults Only due to PA law restrictions].  See Link:  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/matamoras-pa-appleseed-july-16-2017-known-distance-adults-only-tickets-30694143008 :F

Please read all directions on the link - especially come with a good .25 yd zero and all equipment bugs resolved before you hit the line.  Bring at least 250 rds Standard Ammo 40gr.

See you there.

StevenK, SB

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:47:55 AM by StevenK »
Every person has the power to make others happy. Some do it simply by entering a room -- others by leaving the room. Some individuals leave trails of gloom; others, trails of joy. Some leave trails of hate and bitterness; others, trails of love and harmony. Some leave trails of cynicism and pessimism; others trails of faith and optimism. Some leave trails of criticism and resignation; others trails of gratitude and hope. What kind of trails do you leave?
William Ward

Offline Vinnie

• Shoot Boss
  • . . . MAKE SOME NOISE!
Re: 200 yd KD .22lr for prior Applrseed attendees
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 06:16:13 PM »
"You will have no problem shooting a 1 moa group at 200 yards from a prone position using .22lr ammunition."...

Seriously ::) ..... ?

Offline WhitePaladin

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:39:39 PM »
I'm interested in your shoot.  Would be nice to try .22 at longer distances and see what I can eek out of that tiny cartridge.  But.....  April 22nd isn't a good weekend for me.  It seems there are a ton of other Appleseed events planned on that same weekend within 200 miles.  Saratoga, NY.  Colebrook, CT.  Annapolis, MD. Lexington Park, MD.  I'm planning on attending one of the other ones to work on progressing as an IIT.

I would definitely come if you had it on a different weekend.  Figured I'd let you know.   @)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:41:28 PM by WhitePaladin »

Offline maxwell

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 01:45:28 AM »
"You will have no problem shooting a 1 moa group at 200 yards from a prone position using .22lr ammunition."...

Seriously ::) ..... ?

I have trouble shooting 1 MOA with an AR and handloads, so…I guess I suck.  ;D

This sounds like an interesting shoot, though, and I'd like to see the COF. We only have access to 100 and 200 yard ranges locally, and I've wondered about the feasibility of a short-range KD with .22LR. Changing elevation on Tech Sights is kind of a pain, though (compared to an A2 or scope with target turrets) and I wonder if all variants have enough clicks to do the job?

Offline drifter52

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »
I'm definitely interested in the idea and challenge of a .22LR 200 yd KD, but I'm instructing at the AS in Saratoga that April 22-23 weekend.  I'll be signing up for the July 16 event.

Offline Slainte

• Instructor In Training 1
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:52:26 PM »
I love this idea! I was thinking I'd like to do something like this at one of our shoots here in Montana. I can't wait to see the results.  Wondering if one would have to score Rifleman to attend? Shooting say, 100,150,200?
What size would the silhouette be at 200? I would be happy to buy some targets so I can try this.
Good luck on your shoot!
Slainte!

Offline StevenK

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 01:39:13 AM »
I put alot of work into it and probably have a round count of near 1,000 or 5,000 on the DOPE on different rifles, scopes, ammo grains and FPS. Unfortunately, for reasons only Our Lord  knows - no one signed.
I have another scheduled July 16 2017 and so far there are a few people that signed. :F
The idea is "what's after rifleman?"  :---
Thanks for your support.

StevenK
I revised the course data again and will
I love this idea! I was thinking I'd like to do something like this at one of our shoots here in Montana. I can't wait to see the results.  Wondering if one would have to score Rifleman to attend? Shooting say, 100,150,200?
What size would the silhouette be at 200? I would be happy to buy some targets so I can try this.
Good luck on your shoot!
Slainte!
Every person has the power to make others happy. Some do it simply by entering a room -- others by leaving the room. Some individuals leave trails of gloom; others, trails of joy. Some leave trails of hate and bitterness; others, trails of love and harmony. Some leave trails of cynicism and pessimism; others trails of faith and optimism. Some leave trails of criticism and resignation; others trails of gratitude and hope. What kind of trails do you leave?
William Ward

Offline StevenK

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
we will have the rifleman portion. i will post the aar
Good luck on your shoot!
Slainte!
William Ward

Offline StevenK

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
 i figure that  rifleman only should attend given the additional "over and above" information in the course. Probably high scoring repeat AS'r would do just as well.  We are using a full sized center on this course; the drops are severe, and the wind is usually an issue, so the extra deflection area on the center serves well.  On scoring it is hits only, and only in the black.  All V ring hits get ice cream and a free puppy.

Wondering if one would have to score Rifleman to attend? Shooting say, 100,150,200?
Good luck on your shoot!
Slainte!
[/quote]we will have the rifleman portion. i will post the aar
Good luck on your shoot!
Slainte!
William Ward

Offline StevenK

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:48:34 AM »
I'm interested in your shoot.  Would be nice to try .22 at longer distances and see what I can eek out of that tiny cartridge.  But.....  April 22nd isn't a good weekend for me.  It seems there are a ton of other Appleseed events planned on that same weekend within 200 miles.  Saratoga, NY.  Colebrook, CT.  Annapolis, MD. Lexington Park, MD.  I'm planning on attending one of the other ones to work on progressing as an IIT.

I would definitely come if you had it on a different weekend.  Figured I'd let you know.   @)
William Ward

Offline WhitePaladin

• Instructor In Training 2
Re: 200 yd KD .22lr for Riflemen (What's after Rifleman? - This is!)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:45 PM »
Done.  I signed up. Looking forward to it!

Offline StevenK

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 07:03:59 AM »
 :F
Done.  I signed up. Looking forward to it!
William Ward

Offline phauxtoe

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 08:14:15 AM »
Hello, is this happening on Sunday, if it is i will change my schedule and come up!
this sounds awesome!

Offline drifter52

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »
Yes, it's on Sunday July 16.