News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Business Cards

Started by Mixed Metaphor, March 28, 2017, 10:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixed Metaphor

Is there a way to order Appleseed business cards?  Either generic or personalized would be great.  That is easier to carry and pass out to interested people than the trifold flier.  If there is not a way to order, I would like to make my own.  Any suggestions?

6OCT23 edit... Current link for cards:  https://projectappleseed.go.customprintcenter.com/
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Thaddeus

We've been talking about ordering standard appleseed cards through the appleseed store. This is a good reminder to get that started. Hopefully I'll be able to post instructions in the next couple weeks.

TaosGlock

We used Vista Print to have ours made up. They were very cheap. Stock cheap ones we used had a flag.
All we did was overlay the copy and we were done.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Mixed Metaphor

I want to be very careful since Appleseed and the logos are trademarked.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

number6

I know that we just had the Instructor Credentials automated, could there be a similar function in TIPS to generate a PDF for an avery business card template.  With options for B/W and Full Color.

This would maintain the proper trademarks for logos, and provide for Instructors to enter their personal contact data, and utilize the state @appleseedinfo.org emails as well

I know that the accepted practice is that when you find a problem, solve it. but I lack the skills in this case to get this one done.

number6
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

DrRichP

Hi Folks,

I know there has been a lot of interest in business cards. I think Number6 makes a great suggestion. However; in the interest of time (since we keep Scuzzy VERY busy), I wanted to post a template of the 'official' business card. Unfortunately VistaPrint does not allow the saving of templates, but this should be easy to recreate. I have also attached the official logo. I hope this helps.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Mixed Metaphor

Thank you all!!  I will get some printed as soon as possible.  I have a tendency to talk to a LOT of people.  This will help give them something in their hand.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

DrRichP

O0

Quote from: jgarysmith on March 29, 2017, 10:09:50 AMThank you all!!  I will get some printed as soon as possible.  I have a tendency to talk to a LOT of people.  This will help give them something in their hand.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Mixed Metaphor

I ordered some from Vistaprint and left out the title.  If I still have cards after I DX the (ugly) >:D orange hat and earn the (beautiful crimson) ;) Red hat, I will still be able to use them.

Again, thank you for the responses!  Appleseeders are kinda like regular people, but more awesome!!   O0
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

Charles McKinley

There used to be really nice challenge cards available from the AS store.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

lupis42

Quote from: DrRichP on March 29, 2017, 10:05:00 AM
Hi Folks,

I know there has been a lot of interest in business cards. I think Number6 makes a great suggestion. However; in the interest of time (since we keep Scuzzy VERY busy), I wanted to post a template of the 'official' business card. Unfortunately VistaPrint does not allow the saving of templates, but this should be easy to recreate. I have also attached the official logo. I hope this helps.

Vistaprint does have a way to shave/share templates.  I've actually set us as a nonprofit with them, which means a discounted rate, in addition to easy access to the template:

Current VP link:  https://projectappleseed.go.customprintcenter.com/

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.