News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mining the old posts for solid gold

Started by The Wolfhound, June 03, 2016, 01:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

So I was digging through some of the older posts on the forum and learning from those who came before me (I have only been around about 7 years) when I found something I had not heard of:  "The Battle of April 19, 1775" by Frank Warren Coburn.  The book was written in 1921 and is very well documented, has our stories in good detail (except Hezekiah Wyman) and is very readable.  It is out of copyright and supplied as a free e-book.  It was clearly a known resource in 2009 but I had not yet run across it.  Please give it a read.  It IS our story.  I now carry it on my tablet and have downloaded to my computer.  Next to "Paul Revere's Ride", it may be the best and most concise telling.  I felt duty bound to share and here, I do: http://tinyurl.com/7nh944
There is no reason that this should get lost again.  Thanks to Jim (Old Dog) for the post I found it in and BlueFeather who was his source.

SavageShootr

Thank you for bringing digging it up!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Rev.357

This is great. I prefer books, but this can live on a pocket device and be available when waiting
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

Nashville Stage

Thanks for the link! I just downloaded the PDF.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

BD

Up the Republic