News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HELLO! MISSOURI APPLESEEDERS WELCOME! and check in

Started by Longshot, June 21, 2008, 11:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben1775

Good to have you aboard Quantrill (bushwhackers are always welcome ;) ). Sounds like you're doing everything you need to be and I agree with smle dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. I also recommend Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fisher. You really should come down to the DAR work weekend Jan 31 to Feb 1 and meet all the MO ASers. Tell ya what if we have time for some shooting (there's always time for shooting right?) I let you shoot my Garand :~.

Quote from: Greg in MO on January 05, 2009, 03:40:36 PM
We will be having a shoot in March near Kohoka, MO.
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy.

Ben

PJEVANS

Welcome Quantrill!! 8)

If you can turn three into SEVEN!!! then you are at the right place. 

Get those folks on board, have them paruse the web site, then bring them to the shoot. 
Remind them that shooting is fun, shooting and a road trip is a blast!

Stretch out into prone every other night and practice a little dry-fire.  The tech sights
are pretty easy to install, so don't be afraid.

Welcome aboard! O0
Phil Evans
'Loud noises do not usually stop a gun fight,
     Well placed hits do'

Dinky Dao

Hey Stopem and Quantrill! Welcome aboard!

Stopem, I too will be out at the Dar work day for the Osage Beach Range at the end of this month. I'm trucking myself in from Ohio to help out, so I'm not an official Missouri-ander, but at least you'll have another female there to hang out with! Sure would be nice to see you there!

Also, I have some cool girly stuff you can try out too, if ya wanna get some shooting in.  :D :~

Quantrill, I have some really rad endorphin boosting, adrenalin pounding stuff you can shoot if you show up, too. >:D  My arsenal...It's not ALL girly stuff, ya know! ^-^

LOL!

Dinky

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

mojoe

Just wanted to check in and say hello from the St. Louis area.  Looking forward to my first AS in April in Osage Beach.  Let me know if I can be of any help.  Put together a couple LTR's and encouraging some friends to try them out, hopefully a few of them will join me in April. 

Here's to being a rifleman, and not just a cook by years end.

Longshot

Mojoe,

Welcome, and why wait? Come on down to Osage Beach the weekend of Jan. 31-Feb 1 and help with the new range. A perfect time to meet most of the Mo. Appleseeders and get a leg up on the program. We can put you way ahead of the pack by the end of the weekend, and you will have met some of the finest people in the land, to boot!

Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire!!!

PM me if you have questions or need info.

Welcome, again.

Longshot
Kerry
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

mojoe

Thanks for the invite.  I wish I could come down the end of the month, but I work for a private members club and our big annual dinner is on the 31st.  Not gonna be able to miss it.  Will definitely make the upcoming events.

I'm working hard in St. Louis spreading the word of AS, making flyers, etc.  The shooting range situation is tough right now.  Hoping to come across someone with some private land.

Got my AQT's set-up in the basement so I can practice stretching and dry firing.  Fulton Armory has some great dry firing inserts for both AR's and M1A's.

Well, keep on keepin' on