News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH 18-19 March 2107 CCFSA

Started by Longrifleman, March 19, 2017, 10:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

They should make an official patch called Ohio Late-Winterseed because there's a group of shooters who deserve something special after turning out for this one!

Mother nature tried to dish it out but we kept on shooting. Chilly, blustery, foggy, drizzly, sleety and just a peek or two of sun to let us know what we could have had - This Appleseed had it all. Not one shooter gave up and 3 new Riflemen plus one re-qualifier were forged from a group of nine awake and aware Americans.

Saturday saw plenty of eager faces absorb the instruction and history like only teachable attitudes can do. After an awesome hot lunch by the CCFSA crew (thanks Jon and Angie!) we were ready to get on with the AQTs. On our first official attempt at the Rifleman score, Nelson threw down the gauntlet to the rest of the shooters with a 214. Light rain and a dose of history closed out a day that most of us were glad had come to and end.

Sunday dawned chilly but calm and we were at it again. After a brief review the grind was under way. Before another wonderful hot lunch was served PJ re-qualified with a 212 and another new Rifleman was born as Scott nailed a 212 as well.

Those unfortunate Redcoats that volunteered for our team drill wished they had stayed in the target box after 2 minutes of free flowing liberty obliterated all but tiny red pieces of Morgan's shingle and left all the rest with holes the size of cannonballs from Ticonderoga (but that's another story!)

Our final AQT told the tale of glory as Melissa pounded out a 225 putting all challengers to shame- the highest score of the weekend including some turned in by our instructors! Scott and Nelson backed up their patches with 214 and 222 respectively.

Many thanks to all our shooters who braved the elements and showed marked improvement. Brad and Chris are knocking on the door. Michael, Rong Rong and T-Man are creeping up on future greatness as well- it's just a matter of practice and persistence!

We hope to see everyone back on the line soon and BRING SOME FRIENDS!!!!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Texas T

Sounds like a great opening to the new event season. I, for one, am itching to get back in the saddle after a long few months off. Congrats to all who earned their patch  :bow: and, to those who were oh-so-close, don't give up. Come back and try again. It wil be worth the effort.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Del

Del

goodoldfriend

I was once again humbled to see the spirit of Liberty awaken in all who answered the call this weekend. The determination and perseverance shown by this group was great to experience.

Congratulations to those who earned their patches this weekend. I hope everyone knows the reward is worth the effort.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Mkperry

Yeah I kind of, maybe, might have kicked some serious butt this weekend ;D Huge thanks to all the instructors who stuck out the cold weather to help us all out!  I can't wait for the next one.  Oh yeah and I might have finally purchased my first riffle today!!!!!!!!!

Double00Buckeye

I was thrilled to be able to attend the event this weekend and achieve a goal I had set for myself.  It would not have been possible with out the help of everyone involved.  I want to thank the instructors for coming out and sticking with it through the rain that seemed to turn solid for atleast one of the AQTs!!!  What a great time with some great Americans. It was great to see so much improvement in the group and watch others join the rifleman ranks.  Looking forward to getting back out there in the future, next time I'm hoping to bring the KY crew back and my brothers to join in the adventure of Appleseed. Of course I'm gonna have to be there to see Melissa's new rifle and to see Tman pull it all together and destroy an AQT!! Enjoyed shooting next to the little man this weekend.  Great to see young kids like that taking an interest in a skill that is at the core of our history as Americans.                   

:F :snipersmi
1st Appleseed Oct 29-30 2016 (1st Redcoat)
2nd Appleseed Mar 18-19 2017 (1st Rifleman)

goodoldfriend

I am looking forward to seeing Melissa's new rifle soon.

May is filling up fast! Hint, hint.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Double00Buckeye

Well looking at the registration it is all booked up for May.  I am excited to see that many people get involved so soon.  I hope that the new people are excited and our returning shooters are practicing to smoke an AQT.  ( This means you Tman  ;) )  I hope all involved have a great event that weekend.  The new decal we received after the team event has been stuck on my yeti and has given me the opportunity to spread the word around work.  Might get some of these people out later in the year.
1st Appleseed Oct 29-30 2016 (1st Redcoat)
2nd Appleseed Mar 18-19 2017 (1st Rifleman)