Author Topic: RWVA Discount  (Read 797 times)

Offline T. WOLF

• Instructor in Training
  • carrying the fire
RWVA Discount
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »
Suggestion: Membership in the RWVA should include at least a $5 discount off Project Appleseed events. I enjoy carrying the card in my wallet and I'm happy to contribute, but it seems a little weird to pay annual membership dues and then also pay full price for events. My RWVA membership card should be more than just a piece of paper... right?  It could be integrated with the event checkout process so that an RWVA membership purchase automatically deducts $5 off the event price.

Just a suggestion.

Offline 2 clicks low

• Shoot Boss
Re: RWVA Discount
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
Events run pretty much as a break-even. Lots of hidden costs.
Your membership helps us keep the user cost down. Also lets you buy from CMP.

Thank you for being a member. If you really want to support us, take a hat and start bailing.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Offline T. WOLF

• Instructor in Training
  • carrying the fire
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:17:53 PM »
I thought it might help you to sell more memberships.  A $5 discount on an RWVA membership at checkout might incentivize the customer to purchase a $20 membership card. If that person attends four Appleseed events, you would break even. If they attend less than four, then you turned a 'profit' on the membership. The word 'profit' is in quotes, because I get that you guys operate on a non-existent budget. But it's still $5-15 dollars you wouldn't have had otherwise.

You know, most memberships come with something other than a plain white card.  A newsletter or a sticker or something?  I haven't received anything special since I joined the RWVA at my first Appleseed event last October. It's okay, I'm not mad - I just consider it a donation.  That's the difference between a membership and a donation. A membership generally entitles you to something. I have trouble counting the CMP qualification as the primary benefit. Wake me up when I have a thousand dollars to spend on an M1 Garand.  At this point I'd settle for a $20 tax writeoff for my 'donation'.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:21:34 PM by T. WOLF »

Offline T. WOLF

• Instructor in Training
  • carrying the fire
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »
I hear that euphemism a lot around Appleseed: "bailing the ship"

I prefer a different analogy: there are many rafts afloat, and you might be welcomed to board one if you can help strengthen the hull.

Online little buddy

• Instructor In Training 2
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:20 PM »
I found this for the RWVA membership Discount.

Hey lb,

Nobody ever told me to remove the discount so it must still be good.

scuzzy

Quote from: little buddy on Today at 12:08:15 AM
Scuzzy is this discount still good  I went on Eventbrite to test it the website will still give you the discount the reason I am asking is because on the Michigan forum page there was a student asking about a discount for being a RWVA Member I didn't want to post this if it's not a good discount anymore.

Thank you,

Little Buddy

RWVA Discounts - CheckIn Sheets
« on: January 08, 2015, 03:24:09 PM »

In 2015 an RWVA membership will entitle the member to a discount good for one shoot. This discount is used during the purchase of a ticket via EventBrite.

As part of this whoever is taking care of checkin at a shoot must be on the lookout for any person who has used the membership discount to purchase their ticket via EventBrite. The person who purchased the discounted ticket must present their membership card during checkin. The card must then be marked with X on the back of the membership card to show that the discount has now been used - and thus cannot be used again.

The CheckIn Sheet will contain the text 'MEMBER35' next to the ticket type which makes it easy to identify those shooters who need to have their membershp card marked with the X. A screenshot of a sample CheckIn Sheet is attached below.

Below is the announcement which was sent via the newsletter in November of 2014.

RWVA membership will include shoot discount in 2015

Starting January 1, 2015, all regular RWVA memberships will include a single 35% discount on an Appleseed shoot during the membership period.  This will also apply to RWVA memberships sold previously, where the membership period extends into 2015.  Since adult shoot tickets remain at $60, this makes basic membership effectively 'free' for a shooter intended to return, or to bring out a buddy or family member.

Details:  Each $20 regular RWVA membership will now include a single 35% discount for the member or a designated shooter.  The discount will be claimed by using the discount code MEMBER35 when signing up for the shoot on Eventbrite.  The membership must be valid at the time of the shoot, and the card must be presented by the member or the designated shooter when registering at the shoot.  The card will be marked to indicate that the discount has been used.  (Note that existing membership cards do not have the discount indicated on them.  The shoot boss or admin will mark or punch the card to indicate the discount has been used.)

This is our first step in extending RWVA membership benefits beyond being a 'CMP ticket' (though that is still a good reason to sign up!) 

Offline T. WOLF

• Instructor in Training
  • carrying the fire
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 12:06:05 AM »
That's great - thanks little buddy! I appreciate you digging that up.  I'm paid in full for my next two seeds, but maybe this information can be used to sell some RWVA membership cards on-site to students who are interested in returning. I think that's a great thing to offer at the end of an Appleseed: join the RWVA and get 35% off your next event.

Offline ITB

• Great Lakes Regional Coordinator
  • Not on my watch
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »
It's actually better than that.  RWVA members get 35% of ALL events, not just one.

Use the code "member35" for the deal.

https://appleseedinfo.org/donations/

RWVA Members receive a 35% discount on all Appleseed Events for the duration of their membership.

"You had me at 'Posterity.' " - ST1 & D.O.M.
"Burbs!  Wake up, it's time to make the Riflemen!" - S.H.
"It's warm and cozy here under the bus" - ST1
" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz
"That's why I let my subscription to People Magazine lapse.  I have the Appleseed forum instead." - M