Author Topic: Project Mapleseed Is Official!  (Read 1583 times)

Offline .50calgrl

• Inactive Instructor
Project Mapleseed Is Official!
« on: March 03, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »
We have officially been registered as a Not For Profit group in Canada and have begun to list events.

Check out www.mapleseedrifleman.com to see event dates, sign up for events and we hope to see you at an event soon.

You can also join our Facebook page as it is open to the public - Project Mapleseed.

Please note that these are currently one day events-History will be added at a later date.

Cheers,

Kelly aka .50calgrl
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:34:04 AM by DrRichP »
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Offline cwcdl79

• RWVA Instructor
Re: Project Mapleseed Is Official!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »
WAY TO GO!!!!

Offline PaleRider

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »
Way to go Kelly, Kevin, and Rick!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Offline Three'oEight

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:24:33 PM »
That is freakin' awesome! I like that word "Liberty" in the header. ;)
�We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free � that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned.� ~Jonas Clarke

Offline SteelThunder

• Michigan State Coordinator
  • designated Shoot Boss
  • All knowing, all powerful, utterly indifferent
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »
Enjoyed meeting you guys last week...and you are right.  Canada and America have many things in common in our shared heritage.

ST2
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." -- Tecumseh

Offline Cadence

• RWVA Instructor
  • "Have Musket, Will Travel"
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 08:45:56 PM »
Website looks awesome!!

It was a pleasure meeting our compatriots  O0 to the North at the IBC last weekend.

Looking forward to reading the upcoming AAR's.
“A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.”
~ Samuel Adams

Offline Mrs. Smith

• RWVA Instructor
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 09:53:36 PM »
Kelly, this is AWESOME!  Tickled pink that you're official, and hoping it really takes off for you. It's so exciting!!!!  :1luvu :1luvu :1luvu
"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert A. Heinlein

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  - Jeff Cooper

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Offline Texas T

• Shoot Boss
  • What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
Great job. Nice to meet you this past weekend, look forward to seeing you again, down the trail. O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Offline Charley

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
Awesome! Great to meet you and work with you last weekend! We may have to look into border raiding for one O0

Offline Maximum Ordinate

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Ziggy played guitar!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »
Congratulations!  May Liberty increase!!   :)
Appleseed math: persistence + rack grade rifle + surplus ball ammo = hits out to 500 yards

Offline IRONSIDES

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »
AWESOME!
 It was great to meeting you guys at the IBC, hope to see you down the trail.

Offline scuzzy

• Senior Instructor
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
Cool. First I'd heard about it.

Is this a new program or connected to Appleseed in any manner?

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein.

They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards. - Chesty Puller.

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

Offline VietVet

• NorthEast Regional Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor
  • 101ST AIRBORNE
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 08:04:36 PM »

Glad to see our Northern Neighbors have "Stayed On Mission" and got their "Seed" up and running.

New? Not really. It started back in 2015 when a few of us New York Instructors made the trip to get their seed planted.

Here's the AAR for those interested................

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=46204.0
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 08:07:40 PM by VietVet »
"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled to. Less than that no man shall have".  T. Roosevelt

OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Offline scuzzy

• Senior Instructor
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »

Glad to see our Northern Neighbors have "Stayed On Mission" and got their "Seed" up and running.

New? Not really. It started back in 2015 when a few of us New York Instructors made the trip to get their seed planted.

Here's the AAR for those interested................

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=46204.0

Guess I should rephrase that. I'd heard of it and did the scheduling. Met our Canadian brothers back in Jan.

From an administrative standpoint I will ask:

Is this still Appleseed, and associated with Appleseed, but just with a different website for Canada? Or a new entity? Makes a difference from an admin viewpoint.

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein.

They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards. - Chesty Puller.

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

Offline .50calgrl

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 11:42:11 PM »
Thanks Vietvet, so great to hear from you! Yes, we have stayed the course and have made it happen. Sluggo, Rickster66, Redcoat72 and Montrealshooter and I have been working hard to schedule some events and get everything in proper order before starting.

Scuzzy, we are our own separate entity, however we still have ties to Project Appleseed as we have attended shoots, worked events, been to IBCs and have had the amazing support of everyone in the organization. Way back in 2015 it was discussed and it was thought it was best that Project Mapleseed administratively be on it's own as we  have different laws, insurance needs etc. VietVet as well as Josey Wales and Grumpy1 came to Ontario and instructed the first event to test the waters. We saw that there was interest and that we could make it work... But we would need to build our instructor cadre from within. Other differences: Our patches obviously needed to be a Canadian patch. We do not share the same history with respect to the Revolutionary War but just like our American brothers and sisters we have a vast rich history of firearms in founding our country. It was thought that the model could be adapted for our needs and bring so many new riflemen and shooters to the sport.

Hope this answers the questions. We will do the website, register events look after the area north of the 49 parallel but we will definitely keep everyone in the loop about what is happening in the Great White North on the forum (under Canada).

Cheers,

Kelly, Kevin, Rick, Mario and Doug. 

Offline malabar

• AOC Chairman
  • designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS on setting up your organization.

It's good to see that liberty-based programs are spreading. They're sorely needed in these trying times.

I hope the "seeds" y'all plant grow like wildfire.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Offline Sir Not Appearing In This Film

• designated Shoot Boss
  • Mingus 10/06 /Davilla RBC Eleven Oh Seven!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 11:00:29 AM »
Congrats!

:bow:

O0
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Online Superheat

• Senior Instructor
  • Soaring
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:10:53 PM »
Better late then never.... Just found this post.  CONGRATULATIONS. Website looks grand.  Be sure to ask if you need help.
"If you really want something, you'll find a way.  If you don't, you will find an excuse."
"Heart felt doesn't come from reading words on paper"
"Riflemen don't shrug and walk away... They roll up their sleeves and stand firm."

Offline stoneknives

• RWVA Instructor
  • Teach More Than Just Marksmanship
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »
Excellent work! Let Liberty know no bounds.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." Henry

"I stand with the mission Sir" phenry

This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply.

Offline rscottb

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 12:18:10 AM »
Great, we do share some same history, after 1782 or so, many true British (loyalist), left our 13 struggling states and moved north.  We do share many similar stuff such as language and are close enough that we can give each other a jib or jab now in then in good humor, just we we retired US military give the Canadian military a jab now and then and expect reciprocity.  BTW training with the Canadian Army was always fun to learn and laugh from each other.

Nice to see MapleSeed get going...

Offline rscottb

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 12:24:13 AM »
Any of you Canadians AKS Snowbirds want to bring you rifle down with you to visit us in Florida, feel free to contact me and I can provide you an invite and even show you a few great rifles ranges down here.  This will help in our miserable border crossing as you navigate here.
 O0

Offline .50calgrl

• Inactive Instructor
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 12:52:32 AM »
Why thank you! Fun fact- there are probably just as many Canadians as there are Americans in Florida during the winter  :P

.50calgrl

AKA Kelly

Offline rscottb

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 03:54:15 AM »
One of my next door neighbor is an Ontario snowbird.  Nice couple, but nice is a Canadian requirement.

Offline TOMINCT

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
 Congratulations on your start up.  Very good looking site and I hope this goes and grows for you and your brother and sister Maplseeders!

Doing something on this magnitude can be daunting, stay the course and persevere.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09

Ramseur 2-12!

ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Offline RaggedHole

• Instructor In Training 3
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 03:37:08 AM »
Just saw one of your post on FB, and it is awesome to see that y'all started a program up there. Legally speaking, can Americans attend a Mapleseed or are there some kind of ITAR restrictions. I just moved down to Texas from E.Washington/N.Idahop area, would have been a much shorter trip but would love to check it out sometime!
First Appleseed: Lewiston, ID 7/16
Rifleman Patch: Lewiston, ID 7/16' [218]
KD Qualified: Ramseur, NC 10/16 [40/50]
Orange Hat: Ramseur, NC 10/16
Personal Best: Port Townsend, WA 2/17 [241]

Appleseed Attended In [4/50] States: ID, WA, NC, TX, & KS

Offline PaleRider

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 12:22:25 PM »
Yep. You can go. There's no restriction on the Canadian side.
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Offline Monkey

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
Yep. You can go. There's no restriction on the Canadian side.
Tim

I guess the real question is transporting firearms across the border.  I'm not smart enough to know how that works (or if it works).
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”
― Hyman G. Rickover

My avatar:  View from the office, Great Bitter Lake

Offline Rascal21

• AC/RSO
  • Applecore National Coordinator
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 01:19:39 PM »
Monkey,
     You can transport non-restricted firearms across the border without much hassle. It takes some prep work/paperwork, and of course a nominal fee, but it can be done and relatively easily. Main part of transporting is that it has to be Trigger locked, or a similar kind of lock.

I haven't tried taking restricted's across yet (which includes most AR platforms, unfortunately), so am unsure of how that works, and I honestly don't think that they can even see this post anymore. Will see what I can find out and let you know.

Rascal21
Qualified Rifleman 8/2011 Bellevue, MI
Requalified Winterseed Rifleman 2/2013 - Bellevue, MI
Requalified Infernoseed Rifleman 8/2013 - Bellevue, MI
IBC 1/2013, Lapeer, MI , 1/2014 Lansing, MI, 3/2015, Lapeer, MI, 2/2016 Lansing, MI
Requalified Rifleman 7/2015 - Battle Creek, MI

Offline PHenry

• SouthEast Regional Coordinator
  • Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »
 O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata