News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Our Indiana Neighbors lost a special person

Started by Corvette, March 14, 2017, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

To Ohio,

Indiana lost a very special volunteer. Please see the post below from IndyGunGuy on the passing of LunchLady in Indiana.  Please visit the Indiana forum for more details.

Corvette

Quote from: indygunguy on March 13, 2017, 06:54:35 PM
It is with a heavy heart I write to tell you that Martie Brown (Lunchlady) passed away this afternoon.  She fought a 43 month battle with cancer and passed peacefully in her home surrounded by her family.  She is survived by her husband Phil and their grown kids Lauren and Adam.  (Phil, Martie, and Lauren all Appleseed Instructors)

This afternoon a friend wrote of Martie:  "She was kind, gentle, vicious funny, and everything we loved.  It would be easy to see this as a tragic loss, and it is.  It is also more.  We got to see the indomitability of the human spirit.  We got to see a truly strong person struggle against a foe she knew she couldn't beat and still not surrender.  To me that is beautiful and to me that was Martie."

There is a Facebook page set up called "The Many Admirers of Martie Brown".  Family and friends have been posting there.  Many good family stories, pictures, and memories.

Feel free to share this message with those outside of Indiana who knew Martie - and point them to the Facebook page.

Please keep Phil, Lauren, and Adam in your prayers in this difficult time.

-Nick
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!