News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Heads up on Full Distance Events 2017

Started by Corvette, January 26, 2017, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Quote from: Corvette on May 22, 2017, 07:10:23 PM
EZ3,

If you are talking about the full size Applseed silhouettes I have more than enough for the event. We will be doing it differently this year.  We will have a fixed target line and we will move between firing lines. Should work better and faster than last year.

See you soon.

Corvette

Sorry, I forgot to specify "steel" silhouettes (I have more than three of the paper ones).  Never crossed my mind that you wouldn't have it covered, Corvette!    ;)
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Mutant Texan

I am currently working in Illinois.  I will not be able to get back to Ohio for the first KD event this year due to vacation and schedule conflicts with my supervisor.  I am bummed about it because I have been working on learning my rifle's characteristics at long ranges.

May I change my registration to the next event in November?  This would allow someone else to take my spot in June.

"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

unforgiven1203

Quote from: unforgiven1203 on May 20, 2017, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: unforgiven1203 on April 25, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
I broke six ribs in a motorcyle accident 2 weeks ago but I am on the mend and still plan to attend in June. I want that patch bad. I will be slinging up and dry firing no later than this weekend. I was close with a 37 last year , but we ran out of time.  :snipersmi
Unfortunately I am not healed enough to sling and get in position quickly (way too painful, still). I sent an email on the scheduling page about transfering to the november shoot. Have fun without me.
So I recieved a cancellation email for the June shoot but nothing about being registered for the November shoot. Does anyone Know what the status is?
   Am I registered for November?

Corvette

Unforgiven1203,

I will make sure the transfer to Nov happens.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

unforgiven1203

Quote from: Corvette on May 23, 2017, 07:48:14 PM
Unforgiven1203,

I will make sure the transfer to Nov happens.

Corvette
They got it all taken care of! Thanks Corvette!

PA10mm

Corvette,
How many rounds (approximately) to bring?

I think we went thru about 220 rounds last year.
Became a Rifleman on April 20, 2014.

Corvette

We are taking a different approach this year which I hope will give everybody more rounds down range. I would bring 500 rounds to be safe.  That should be plenty.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Birdman

Though I am not able to attend this great event, I have several friends that are. If they are camping, what time should/could they arrive Friday?  I will also tell them to bring 500 rounds of ammo.

Corvette

Tell them it's ok to get there when ever it is convienient. Tell them to set up on top of the hill next to the trap house. That will be our focal point for campers.  Looking forward to the event. Not sure I will be as ready as I want but it will be a great event in any case.

Corvette

PA10mm

Sounds great. 500 rounds is no problem. Really looking forward to it.

EZ3

Quote from: Corvette on May 29, 2017, 04:19:00 PM
Tell them it's ok to get there when ever it is convienient. Tell them to set up on top of the hill next to the trap house. That will be our focal point for campers.  Looking forward to the event. Not sure I will be as ready as I want but it will be a great event in any case.

Corvette

Let me know if I can help.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

goodoldfriend

Corvette,

Even though I am coming to shoot I am ready to help with anything, just let me know. I will put the needs of AS first. I will have the orange hat with me.

Thanks, Matt
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

goodoldfriend

Question:

Will we be doing some work at 25 meters the first day to help establish a good zero?

I had some issues with the rifle that I was going to bring that I was not able to resolve. I moved the optic to another rifle but have not fully sighted it in yet.

Thanks, Matt
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

Hello shooters,

The New Philly full distance event is almost here.  I will be emailing DonDs course of fire and KD information to everybody tonight. Print it out and bring it with you. I can't do the job presenting all this but we will all work to try and gain some knowledge from it.  If anybody has any last minute questions, let me know.

Corvette

cwcdl79

Would someone mind printing me up a spare? I will not have access to a printer.
thanks!

PA10mm

Corvette,

Is it the same material as last year?
We still have our copies.

goodoldfriend

Since I started the new job I don't have the kind of access I used to have to printers. They monitor almost everything here.

Is it possible someone can print an extra copy for me too?

I hate to ask but...

Thanks, Matt
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Texas T

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I have my copy from last year, but won't be at work tomorrow. I could have printed. Sorry.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

To everybody, yes this is the same materials as last year's shoot.  I will try to get a couple extra copies printed off for those of you that can't get it printed off before the weekend.  See you all soon.

Corvette

unforgiven1203

Unfortunately I have to cancel again.This will open up a slot for someone. sending pm to corvette

Corvette

Unforgiven,

See my PM re your comment.

Corvette

unforgiven1203

Cancellation done. So , there is a open spot. Corvette,  I sent you a message with my info last night.
Thanks.

Crazyduckhunter

Now able to get out of working next weekend. Trying to sign up, and event is showing full. Added myself to the wait list. Sending PM to Corvette.