Author Topic: New ladies 'bling' shirts in Appleseed Store  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Thaddeus

• Charter Pistol Instructor
New ladies 'bling' shirts in Appleseed Store
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »
Now available - ladies 'bling' t-shirts in the Appleseed Store. Get one now!
http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page3.html O0

Offline Mrs. Smith

• NM State Coordinator
  • Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
Re: New ladies 'bling' shirts in Appleseed Store
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »
I saw them!  I LOVE them!!!    :1luvu :1luvu :1luvu

I'll talk to you when I've dropped 20lbs  :-[
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Offline Rascal21

• AC/RSO
  • Applecore National Coordinator
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 08:42:49 PM »
Wow! I'm hoping this shirt is the start of something that is going to grow quite a bit.  I appreciate the effort of getting shirts that are in a female cut – it’s long overdue, so great job!

I love the idea of more women's clothing items in the shop, but have a question.  Are there any plans to create women's cut polo's or T-shirts that aren't *blinged* out?

I wear my Appleseed shirts often and get a lot of comments and questions on them.  However, I’m not completely comfortable with gold glitter lettering across my chest and that being the only marketing on the shirt. It’s fun and cute, but just not what I think of when I imagine a professional image for volunteers.  For some of us, this doesn’t send the message we wish to project.

Perhaps different colored polo shirts in the women’s cut with the marketing logo on the back of the shirt and the Project Appleseed logo on the front where the pocket would be?  The ladies NRA style shirts from Nashville were great example. 

Just my thoughts.
Qualified Rifleman 8/2011 Bellevue, MI
Requalified Winterseed Rifleman 2/2013 - Bellevue, MI
Requalified Infernoseed Rifleman 8/2013 - Bellevue, MI
IBC 1/2013, Lapeer, MI , 1/2014 Lansing, MI, 3/2015, Lapeer, MI, 2/2016 Lansing, MI
Requalified Rifleman 7/2015 - Battle Creek, MI

Offline ThePoet

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:53:13 PM »
We've got a lot of great ladies apparel planned.  There had been some requests for this kind of thing, so we are offering it for those who like it.  I know what you mean, though.  Stay tuned!

Wow! I'm hoping this shirt is the start of something that is going to grow quite a bit.  I appreciate the effort of getting shirts that are in a female cut – it’s long overdue, so great job!

I love the idea of more women's clothing items in the shop, but have a question.  Are there any plans to create women's cut polo's or T-shirts that aren't *blinged* out?

I wear my Appleseed shirts often and get a lot of comments and questions on them.  However, I’m not completely comfortable with gold glitter lettering across my chest and that being the only marketing on the shirt. It’s fun and cute, but just not what I think of when I imagine a professional image for volunteers.  For some of us, this doesn’t send the message we wish to project.

Perhaps different colored polo shirts in the women’s cut with the marketing logo on the back of the shirt and the Project Appleseed logo on the front where the pocket would be?  The ladies NRA style shirts from Nashville were great example. 

Just my thoughts.

Offline DrRichP

• National Coordinator & AOC member, 2016-2018
  • Master Instructor
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »
Hi Rascal21,

Good question. The new ladies cut t-shirt with bling was made based on requests from attendees. This was never really meant to be a professional type shirt for instructors.

However, your question about plans to create women's cut polo's or T-shirts that aren't 'blinged' out is fair. I will defer to Thaddeus and Cousin Hart to answer that question.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

“What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition.”  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Online Google

• Deputy National Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »
Rascal21 captured my thoughts on this exactly.  This is a great start.  I'll look forward to additional offerings in ladies apparel.

Offline MandyMonstar

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 12:18:09 AM »
Thanks for adding these!  It's a cute design and I look forward to seeing what else yall come up with next.  :)

Offline Thaddeus

• Charter Pistol Instructor
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 01:15:04 PM »
Look for ladies-cut tees in the shoot boxes sometime later this spring!

Offline Rascal21

• AC/RSO
  • Applecore National Coordinator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 01:27:44 PM »
Thanks for the update, Thaddeus! Much appreciated!
Qualified Rifleman 8/2011 Bellevue, MI
Requalified Winterseed Rifleman 2/2013 - Bellevue, MI
Requalified Infernoseed Rifleman 8/2013 - Bellevue, MI
IBC 1/2013, Lapeer, MI , 1/2014 Lansing, MI, 3/2015, Lapeer, MI, 2/2016 Lansing, MI
Requalified Rifleman 7/2015 - Battle Creek, MI