News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bolt Action Rifle Search

Started by m1agsr, January 24, 2017, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1agsr

I'm looking for a new .22 rifle. The ones i have are either tube fed bolt actions or simi auto. I would like a rifle that fits the following requirements.

1. bolt action (no single shot or simi auto)
2. detachable magazine (not a tub magazine or internal magazine w/ floor plate
3. must accept .22LR and .22SHORT

and optionally...
4. enough meat on the muzzle to accept threading for a suppressor at a later time.
Are you a rifleman, or a cook?

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Mark Davis

Savage TTR and Ruger American, can be purchased with threaded muzzle.
The savage is a fine rifle with a poor magazine.

m1agsr

My hunting rifle is a ruger american in 308.. i'm a fan. However i dont see a conframation that the ruger american in .22rimfire will accept a .22short. I'll contact them and ask. In the mean time, i did find one... a winchest 69a would do it.. bu thasn't been made for years.

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   

Ghostring

The Ruger American .22 will absolutely fire and extract .22 short cartridges.  O0
If you don't want to load them in one at a time, you'll need a .22 short magazine.
These guys make one: http://www.urbanriflesupply.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75:22-short-magazine&catid=81
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

m1agsr

outstanding! super excited! Now to find one in the area. Can probalby get it delivered to an FFL too but. I like the idea of in state sales pushing back against peoples republic of maryland's gun laws.

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   

TOMINCT

Hello, I'm unsure if a Marlin would fit your criteria, but it's an accurate rifle for the money, takes 7 or 10 round mags, sights or scope work.

Unsure on function with shorts and if the barrel is adequate for threading. What is the size (minimum) that you would need? I can check mine in the next day or so.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Kennebago

CZ 452 Americans are / were available threaded from the factory.
Wodan bood Mimir zijn oog
doch zou hij beter zien

stoneknives

Ruger American will do everything you asked for.

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

TallSteve

The Ruger American Rimfire also uses the modular stock modules.  You can get a better fitting stock for not much money.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Rev.357

The Savage Mark II FVT is a bolt jar (just another rifle). It has front and rear aperture sights. My daughter shot rifleman with one at 17. Your will need to build up the comb.  Basic. Bull barrel. Use it, then teach your children.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.