News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Buckingham VA Oct 15/17th 2010

Started by FiremanEd, October 18, 2010, 10:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanEd

Buckingham VA DAR

Oct. 15 to 17th

IBC

SB: FiremanEd

Inst:  Smwwoody

Attendees: 4 IIT's & 1 Instructor.

Instructor : Sear 

IIT's:  SgtMace, N2OGuy, Cheeks & TidewaterShooter

Good 3 days, covered most all of the manual Friday @ the DAR Classroom (Smwwoody's garage), finished up Sat am, moved to range and went over all the practical demonstrations and shot a mock AS on Sat afternoon.

Slept in until 9 on Sunday and all 5 attendees shot a KD AQT, making a new KD Qualified IIT. Congratulations to SgtMace for shooting a KD 203 in his first KD AQT. The other attendees all shot respectable scores but due to some equipment issues and "just having a bad day" SgtMace was the only one pulling out a RifleMan's score this time. All will be back to repair their Honor. Two attendees, N2OGuy & Sear are already KD Qual'd as well.

Overall a good weekend, covered a lot of good date. All 5 attendees have shot numerous AS's and worked several as well. I think the "newest" IIT had shot 3 AS's and worked 1 or 2. Sear already has his Red Hat from his previous RBC and working the trail, SgtMace was already at IIT4 so they were all well ahead of a normal IBC and their progress showed it.

Thanks to all who attended for their hard work.

FiremanEd
Are you a Rifleman or a clerk?? 

"Men sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their part"   George Orwell

The Wolfhound

I was reviewing some very old posts today and read this with some sadness.  I had just taken the orange hat a month prior to this event but did not attend. I knew and worked with all of the people listed in this post and none of them remain active in the program.  Some of the reasons for this I know, and some remain a mystery.  For lack of facility, there has not been another IBC in Virginia, since.

jmdavis

I believe that Doug and I were in Osage Beach, MO instructing KD for an RBC that weekend (or traveling between VA and MO). This was the second RBC in Buckingham and was followed later in early 2011 by a two day KD in Feb in Buckingham, that had shooters from VA, WV, PA, and MD.  My goal at the time and I was the SC, was to have every Virginia instructor possible KD qualified on the original Appleseed course of fire with scores counting.

I miss the people.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

The Wolfhound

A goal I too embrace.  I just lack the facility but at least KD opportunities appear to be looking up in the Old Dominion.

jmdavis

We can hope. And I am committed to at least a 1 day KD event.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

sgtmace

Yes that was a good time. A walk down memory lane is a fine thing.

sgtmace
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget you were our countrymen.
Sam Adams

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry