News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Maine 2017

Started by The Old Guide, December 11, 2016, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

Merry Christmas everybody.

On March 18/19 we have a Winterseed at Monmouth.

On April 22/23 we have our April 19 weekend again at Monmouth.

May 20/21     Hold this date open:           Harvard, MA          SB: lupis42 mwolf instructing    <<< Two day
Battle Road Instructor Experience and Advancement Event.

If you have not stood in Major Buttrick's garden and looked down on the North Bridge, stood where Isaac Davis and Abner Hosmer fell and walked Battle Road it is an awesome and inspiring experience. I arrived at the North Bridge by canoe with my father when I was 13 years old and I was impressed then. That was 62 years ago and I have since experienced going into battle with volunteer Americans like those who stood with Isaac Davis at the North Bridge. I am still impressed and humbled at their courage.

Save the date. I will try not to schedule a Maine shoot on that weekend. Go to Concord Bridge and avoid the black flies in Maine. ;-)

Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

2ndMile

Sounds good Roger. Hopefully, many more dates coming soon.

When is Apr 22/23 going up on the site? I have a pretty group that is interested in signing up. Many of whom are getting an Appleseed as a Christmas gift (possibly due to their wives asking me what they would like O0).
I live in Liberty! (no, really. I do.)

The Old Guide

April 22/23 is up for Monmouth.

July 22/23 is up for Skowhegan.

Working on other ranges. The clubs sound enthusiastic until they learn that we want their range for two days. "T W O   D A Y S ?"
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

I posted about our Winterseed in Monmouth on my personal facebook site and several other sites. Others are forwarding it all over.

Bring your Goretex.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

MattNH

Reservation just made for the lovely Senator Inn and Spa in Augusta for this weekend - see you Saturday morning
Appleseed is friend to all, enemy to none

TOMINCT

2017 isn't over for Appleseed in Maine yet!

North Berwick, Sept. 9 &10, 22 rimfire event, easy access from I-95 and not far from the NH border. https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=268&eventid=5475

Monmouth, October 7 & 8, another easy to get to from I-95, plus centerfire is good there. https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=262&eventid=5473

Columbia, December 2 & 3, easternmost Appleseed in the country, a few miles from Rt 1 in Washington Cty. could be a Winterseed! https://appleseedinfo.org/location/?locationid=234&eventid=5479

So, for those who have the inclination there are 3 within a couple hours on most anywhere near interstate 95, any questions PM The Old Guide.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

2ndMile

This is great news, Tom. I will be able to make the first two. That week of December is deer season in Ohio. I always go with my father-in-law and since he is the one that got me into firearms it only seems right and proper.
I live in Liberty! (no, really. I do.)

The Old Guide

At Monmouth this weekend, Oct 7 & 8, we have a couple of noteworthy events:

1.We will have a visitor on Saturday with a Brown Bess musket similar to those used by both sides on April 19,1775. It will be fired on the line.

2. October 7 is the anniversary date of Timothy Murphy's noteworthy marksmanship at Saratoga in 1776. Our visitor will also have a flintlock rifle similar to the one Timothy Murphy used at Saratoga. Did you know that after Timothy Murphy shot General Simon Fraser off his horse, he also shot Sir Frances Clarke, General Burgoyne's chief Aide-de-Camp, has he galloped onto the field with an important message? Murphy's second shot dropped him also and he was dead before he hit the ground!

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

Boreas

I hit the road today with fliers. I stopped at every gun shop in the greater Bangor metro-plex and Ellsworth as well. I think we'll do okay attendance wise in Columbia, there seems to be some genuine interest again. I think the area just needed a rest since we pushed it pretty hard for a few years. Also posted the event on the Pleasant River Fish & Game facebook page, where it has garnered numerous "likes" and "shares". Really looking forward to seeing you all again.

TOMINCT

Good work Boreas, it can be a difficult road to get folks motivated to go out to an event in Maine, most can shoot in their own backyards and a lot of people "already know how to shoot".

Your perseverance is appreciated!
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

The Old Guide

We had to cancel Columbia for December 2&3. The only shooter signed up had to cancel. Our next shoot will be a Winterseed at Monmouth. Date pending. At least I'll have Winterseed patches in the box.

Meanwhile, I still hope to get with Second Mile to look at a potential site down in the mid-coast region. People don't realize how big Maine is. Driving from Caribou, Maine to the mid-coast is like driving from Montpelier, Vermont to Providence, RI. Maine is as big as the other five New England states together.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012