News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\Livingston, NY October 29-30, 2016

Started by Grumpy1, October 30, 2016, 09:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

Great weather welcomed Seven Patriots to New Yorks closing event of 2016.

Thank You to the Members of Kalicoontie Rod and Gun Club, for allowing us the use of their range, and also providing us with Fantastic lunches both days.

Saturday we got off to a slow start, but that didn't cause these shooters any trouble. Everyone worked hard throughout the day learning marksmanship fundamentals, and also The Events of April 19,1775.

Students stayed focused, and remained very interested, in learning, by asking questions,and striving for answers.
The time monkey bit the shootboss..... !@#). By the end of the day I had not hung an AQT, (a first for me) I knew that I had my work cut out on Sunday.

Sunday started with my crew relocating the line so we could use cover if needed, it seemed futile at the time, but paid Great rewards when it started pouring at 2:00. ( this is the first time I agreed with the weatherman and it payed off) ::)
We lost one student, but gained another. We completed the safety briefing and hit the range, we quickly confirmed zeros, and got busy with AQTs.
After lunch we got back to the "grind"
We added in a new drill, substituting mini eyeball ping pong balls(It was a "PumkinSeed" afterall) for cheeze its. This was a success with plastic ping pong balls popping like popcorn down range >:D

We had a tie on the eyeball drill Bob and Cathy, both were awarded prizes!

We had some requalifications...

Shari with a 219 :---

Maisey with a 213 :---

Jon with a 225  :---

Gunny with a 237 :--- ( this was done on a 3 minute handicap on a RFAQT, after a stuuborn jamb).

Students hung on and scores improved throughout the day. Practice, Practice, Practice, We'll see you in the Spring!

Happy Halloween!

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Texas T

Sounds like a great event. Congrats to the new riflemen.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017