News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee (CVSC) September 10/11 AAR

Started by whit, September 07, 2016, 10:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Looking forward to this weekend.  The weather is looking to be nice and we have a full line of shooters.

Whit

Djohnson

My boys and I are looking forward to another Appleseed with you!

Dave

Djohnson

Nice work by Jacob on the first day.

Kimber Custom

Three Huzzah's for the new Riflemen Jack and Matt!

Lots of enthusiasm and great attitudes despite the number of equipment issues. Fun to see so many familiar faces.

Stage 4 was a real nemesis for this group. Close your eyes, build your position, RELAX, open your eyes to check your NPOA. Don't cheat; if your off - fix it. Close your eyes, breathe, relax - open your eyes. If your on - bang, breathe, bang. Find your NPOA on the next target - rinse and repeat until done. Plenty of time. No excuse for not having scorable hits on stage 4.

Missed Cookingham's BBQ buffet this time around but still really enjoy being at CVSC and the clubs support for what we do.

Took a few pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/FeSVqFyjSSSraRQB6

Please tell the Ladies in your life about the Ladyseed Oct 29/30 http://www.eventbrite.com/e/dundee-or-ladyseed-october-29-30-2016-ladies-only-tickets-26095892517

There are a couple other metro shoots this year. Eagle Creek, OR and Ariel, WA. We will work with CVSC on 2017 dates soon.

whit

Another great shoot at Chehalem Valley Sportsmen Club!  We couldn't have had better weather.  Much cooler than our previous June shoot here.

It was great to see a lot of familiar faces and to meet some new shooters as well.  Congrats and Huzzahs to our new Riflemen......Jacob and Marty.

Kimber's advice about Stage 4 is spot on.  Many of you were shooting very nice Stage 2's and 3's because you weren't fussing the shot.  The time stress forced you to use Rifleman's Cadence.  Trust your NPOA and fire in cadence.

There were a lot of you with high 190's and low 200's on some of the AQTs.  Two words for you......DRY PRACTICE.  Between now and the October 8/9 shoot at Douglas Ridge.......practice what you have learned.  The family room floor is much more comfortable than the gravel pit.

You ARE coming to the October shoot aren't you?  :cool2:

I look forward to seeing you all again at another event.

For those of you that wanted information on the kydex cheek risers we used at the shoot, you can order them here.

http://www.kyrifle.com/quick-weld-cheekrest

Some more photos to prove we were there:

Taking advantage of the shade for instruction time:

Ironbar calling the line:

Always fun when Bessie makes an appearance at the shoot:

Priming the pan:

Are they shooting lead or ball?

Jacob the baptized Rifleman.....too bad you scored your 220's on Sunday....nevertheless you proved it's not a fluke:

I don't have a picture of Marty.  Does someone else have one to upload?

Whit

whit

Thanks to Dave for sending a picture of Marty.  Huzzah!

Whit

DWest

I had a great time. The instruction and instructors are outstanding and extremely helpful.

Got close, 197, but that is a huge improvement over my first shoot. Odd that I shot better with my Tech Sights than a scope but very happy with the results.

I will be practicing at home to try and stabilize myself a little more as well as all of the skills we were taught.

I will also spread the word and do my best to get more people to attend and hope others will do the same.

I cannot say enough good things about this program and the people involved.

Thank you again.