News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed, May 2-3rd, 2009 *Dates Changed*

Started by Talon, December 20, 2008, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

The Mid Carolina Rifle Club has agreed to host the first full Appleseed South Carolina.

The dates will be May 30-31, 2009.

It'll soon be listed on Eventbrite. Thanks to all of the people who helped with the mini. You did your jobs, and we got the approval today.

Stay tuned.

funfaler

Say it is not so!  Guam will be very disappointed  ;)

Very good work!  SC breaks the drought!

I suspect it is time to find a new sore to pour salt in.......Hmmmmmmmmm

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Thor

Someone around here uses the sig line "Well done is better than well said".  That being the case; Well Done!
Mid Carolina Rifle Club is within a reasonable drive for anyone in the state and I'll personally ensure that its very well promoted down here in the Lowcountry.  I only regret that I will have moved up to the Northeast before the date of the event, and won't be able to be there personally.  There's room for a lot of shooters on the line at MCRC though, so I'll send you as many as I can.

Thor 
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

bob 210

Congratulations.....good job Talon!!!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Fred

Quote from: funfaler on December 21, 2008, 01:12:15 AM
Say it is not so!  Guam will be very disappointed  ;)

ff, you simply need to move Guam up on the sched a bit. The race is to see who will be last to hold an AS - not the last to schedule one.

As long as Guam has one before the end of May, SC can still be in the running to win the race!

Good job, Talon! Even if you're no doubt bloodied and bruised by the effort! Those South Carolinians know who to fight! Even if it is, to stay on the couch! (I still say those hotblooded SC ancestors are spinning in their graves - and will continue to do so - one Appleseed does not a saved nation or state make...)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SamD

Obviously someone has doctored my whiskey.
I keep having this hallucination someone claiming to have an Appleseed Going on in South Carolina ;)

slim

SC might just be one of those places where folks can go to AS and then after have a nice couple days on the beach following the event. "Honey, get in here. Appleseed just broke through in SC. Wanna go to the beach for a few days?"

Of course, Guam would probably be pretty nice for that too!

Dirty Bill

I have some friends in SC. Let me see what I can do.  8)
"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions,who at the dawn of victory,sat down to rest,and while resting,Died.

"Watch the Wind..."

Junior Birdman

So I reckon this means I'll have to go back there to personally witness this? It could be a hoax on the level of faking the moon landing.  ;)

Good job Talon, Boltgun, and others! Having lived there for 26 years, I can tell you Fred's right. They'll fight like tigers or even gamecocks to keep from getting of that couch!   Take THAT Guam!  O0
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Dirty Bill

I contacted my friend in SC and he said he will look into finding a range. :)
"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions,who at the dawn of victory,sat down to rest,and while resting,Died.

"Watch the Wind..."

Talon

Quote from: DuaneRN on January 11, 2009, 08:33:30 PM
Somehow I missed this when it first posted.  It still isn't on the instructor schedule.

It shall be. Plan on it.

Talon

Thanks to DuaneRN for completing the paperwork process and helping to get this shoot officially listed. We ran in to an unexpected date shift which was taken in stride.

The new dates are May 2nd and 3rd, 2009.

The eventbrite information can be found with this link:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5846.0

rhart

How many people have registered for this shoot? I registered me and my son this week and was wondering how many others had signed up.

wcmartin1

Quote from: rhart on March 22, 2009, 10:39:27 AM
How many people have registered for this shoot? I registered me and my son this week and was wondering how many others had signed up.

Only 3 have pre-registered so far, but it's still early.  You can help change this by printing and distributing the flyers found on the EIP here - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5846.0
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

rhart

Quote from: wcmartin1 on March 22, 2009, 11:31:15 AM
Quote from: rhart on March 22, 2009, 10:39:27 AM

Only 3 have pre-registered so far, but it's still early.  You can help change this by printing and distributing the flyers found on the EIP here - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5846.0
Thank you wcmartin1,
I have several frinds and family members that are considering attending.I'll print some flyers and targets and see if I can convince some more.