News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, Lewiston, ID 17-18 Sept 2016

Started by Theophilus, September 16, 2016, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theophilus

Starting the AAR.
Gonna have a great shoot!

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

tradesman

I had a great time.  I enjoyed the 100 yard exercise, too!  I was so close to clearing the red coat (yes, the 300 yard target has three hits), darned.  Next time I'll try for rifleman with an AR-15 and hopefully improve on my score of 218 out of 250.

Here are some photos from my phone: http://imgur.com/a/h4wI2

Thanks to Theophilus and Journey for running a great event and thanks to the good folks at Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club Range for the well run range!

In case anyone is curious, my setup is a Ruger 10/22 with an aftermarket trigger (Volquartsen TG2000), TSR200 Tech Sights and standard USGI cotton sling.  I used 10 round Ruger magazines.

Theophilus

My thanks to all the participants that attended.

Michael, shooting your first Appleseed with a full-bore rifle was a challenge.  You rose to the occasion.  Keep practicing.
I am reasonably certain that if we had put a .22 in your hands you would have shot a rifleman score.  You were that close.

Kate, thanks for bringing El and coming out yourself to shoot.  You enjoyed the event and practiced your skills with a new rifle.
The skills will improve as will the equipment.

El, enjoyed having you.  You can dry practice everything we taught you at home, so the next time you come out you will likely shoot a rifleman score.

Patrick, your preparation for this event showed in your great questions and in the gear you brought with you.  Congrats on the rifleman scores!
Looking forward to seeing you at future events with the AR.  Thanks for the pictures.

Melody, it was a pleasure to have you attend.  I hope you are able to return to another event, and bring some of your family with you.

Ruby, we enjoyed having you participate on Sunday.  Remember to breath so you have respiratory pause during which to squeeze the trigger.

Bruce and Carol - you started with less than 8moa groups with those beautiful bolt action rifles, one of which was older than all of us.
You ended with sub-4moa groups on the squares targets.  Those groups were a pleasure to see.  Thanks for coming out to enjoy the weekend with us.

Journey did a superb job as well, calling the line, telling stories and helping keep everyone safe.

Thanks to Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club for hosting us, providing lunch, and what they and their sponsors do to advance youth shooting.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW