News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rain and flooding in LA?

Started by Maximum Ordinate, August 12, 2016, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

LawDog

So far, just fine here in the city (New Orleans). But our range in Amite is getting very wet. We'll have to check on it when the rain stops.
Thanks for checking on us.

LawDog

UPDATE:
First, thank you to all those who have checked on us and offered every kind of support. So far, I know of only one instructor who flooded. I don't yet know what assistance he may need. Everyone else, I think, is okay.

Second, we have two events scheduled for August 27-28. The one in Eunice may have to be cancelled bc of the flooding. Stand by on that, as we are trying to get more information. The one in Shreveport only has 1 pre-reg right now, and I expect that many people (unfortunately) will have something to do that weekend other than shooting. But no decisions have been made on either event. We need to let those on the ground (or in boats) focus on the water before we can focus on the events.

Third, even without knowing what the material needs of our AS brothers and sisters may be, I can assure you that prayers and thoughts and well wishes would be most welcome right now. The people of southwest LA are very tough, resilient, and self-sufficient, but don't hesitate to send your choice of prayers, etc. their way.

Thanks.
LD

DrRichP

Sending my love and prayers of safety to my brethren in LA. May God bless you and keep you safe.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Texas T

Your group is on the minds of my family and in our prayers. God bless.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Weezer

Glad to hear you are okay, LawDog - sending prayers your way. 
Please keep us posted on the instructor who's flooded.   :'(
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

LawDog

Thank you all (for Weezer, that would be "ya'll") for the prayers.

In a display of the self-reliant spirit so common in AS'ers, the one instructor who flooded is bailing out, patching up, and . . . trying to hold an event next weekend! We won't have decisions for another day or two though.

Meanwhile, I hope it's a long time before I use the word "bail" on this forum in anything but the metaphorical sense.

Weezer

Quote from: LawDog on August 18, 2016, 02:21:52 PM
Thank you all (for Weezer, that would be "ya'll") for the prayers.

In a display of the self-reliant spirit so common in AS'ers, the one instructor who flooded is bailing out, patching up, and . . . trying to hold an event next weekend! We won't have decisions for another day or two though.

Meanwhile, I hope it's a long time before I use the word "bail" on this forum in anything but the metaphorical sense.

Let us know if any help is needed in bailing out and/or patching up.  That's the great thing about the Appleseed family - we're helpful both on and off the range.   O0

Also, no matter how long I live here, the word "y'all" shall never fall from my lips.   However, I am working very hard to get Scuzzy to say "How YOU doin?" in proper New Jersey fashion.   ;D
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

MandyMonstar

If any of you are looking for ways to help or are in need of assistance yourself - I've tidied up a resource list that's been passed around and made it available here: http://tinyurl.com/hnllyqu

Let me know if there's anything I should add.

LawDog

Incredibly, the road to the Eunice Gun Club is open again and the range, while damp, will be ready for the Appleseed event on August 27-28.

Everyone who pre-registered got an email today. You can ignore it (unless you need to back out). The EUNICE EVENT ON AUGUST 27-28 IS ON!!!

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on August 18, 2016, 06:15:10 PM

Also, no matter how long I live here, the word "y'all" shall never fall from my lips.   However, I am working very hard to get Scuzzy to say "How YOU doin?" in proper New Jersey fashion.   ;D

Well y'all know that ain't gonna happen.  >:D
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.