News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAFG Appleseed shed is in ship-shape!

Started by WhyWon, September 05, 2016, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyWon

The Appleseed shed at the left-end of the AAFG firing line under went some cleaning today:

• New black metal adjustable shelving was installed
  • Large plastic boxes were filled with T-shirts, sorted by size
  • Paper materials (targets, handouts, waivers, etc) are neatly laid out on shelves
  • A 'road-ready' shoot box was prepared and left on a bottom shelf
  • Backers for two target frames were replaced with new white chloroplast.
BeSwift has some more items to store there.
I will be bringing three loaner shooting mats to leave there along with other supply items that won't rust.
I also just picked some more large plastic tubs and some smaller plastic ones that I'll bring to the Sept 17 AAFG shoot to finish organizing everything.

And naturally, I will maniacally label everything.

Please try to keep things tidy. My OCD thanks you in advance.

Stand-by for some before, during, and after pictures.
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

WhyWon

BEFORE
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

WhyWon

DURING

Ramseur, 2-12 !

WhyWon

AFTER

Ramseur, 2-12 !

Eroyle

Sweet......Nice job!

I am sorry that I could not help out.

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.  John Adams

scuzzy

LOL - some day I gotta organize my closet and my shed. And our shed at the range in Waco.

I sure hope Weezer doesn't see this thread. She'll be all over us to get things organized.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer

Quote from: scuzzy on September 06, 2016, 07:15:59 PM

I sure hope Weezer doesn't see this thread. She'll be all over us to get things organized.

SCUZZY!   I already organized that shed, complete with a list of everything contained within!   What did you turkeys do to it?    ;D &)

WhyWon, your shed is a thing of beauty.   The only thing I love more than clear bins is a good label maker.  *swoons*
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

WhyWon

Thanks scuzzy & Weezer.

BTW, I have more clear plastic pins for targets and shirts to replace the cardboard boxes (my OCD kicking in again) *AND* I'll remember to bring my locked-n-loaded labelmaker on the next trip!

We could start a shed ideas thread entitled "Bring out your shed!"

Maybe even do an HGTV show on it called:  Small Sheds, Big Scores  :)

Ramseur, 2-12 !

Weezer

Quote from: WhyWon on September 10, 2016, 08:03:44 AM
Thanks scuzzy & Weezer.

BTW, I have more clear plastic pins for targets and shirts to replace the cardboard boxes (my OCD kicking in again) *AND* I'll remember to bring my locked-n-loaded labelmaker on the next trip!

Ziploc makes some great waterproof clear plastic bins - and the sides don't slope, so they're perfect for AS t-shirts/targets and they stack well. 

**) **) **)   If it were up to Scuzzy, that show would be called "I'm bein' oppressed here!" instead. 

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

WhyWon

Thanks Weezer. Zip lock, you say, eh?  Thanks for the tip; I'll look into that.

But I ended up going with a bunch of the Really Useful Boxes brand of containers for most of the smaller targets and items.

Soon my plan for total shed domination will be complete! (cue sinister music) Muhahahahhaha!

Quote from: Weezer on September 16, 2016, 01:11:48 AM
Thanks scuzzy & Weezer.

Ziploc makes some great waterproof clear plastic bins - and the sides don't slope, so they're perfect for AS t-shirts/targets and they stack well. 

**) **) **)   If it were up to Scuzzy, that show would be called "I'm bein' oppressed here!" instead.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

Weezer

Oooooh, those Really Useful Boxes look fantastic!    I concede defeat - those beat my Ziplocs for stackable target storage.    The Ziploc weatherproof containers are really great for t shirts or to carry around as a portable range box for AS events (staple guns, duct tape, medical kit and so forth); however, they don't come in a wide variety of sizes like your RUBs do.   

:bow: :bow:  I'm not worthy!   :bow: :bow:

WhyWon

I still need to label the small boxes and shelves to help fight the forces of entropy.

I'm also looking into a better "road warrior" cart/kit for all my personal stuff I haul out for every event (e.g. spare magazines, sight adjustment tools, slings, sling loops, staplers/staples, etc).

Right now I use a bunch of "RUBs" but I'd like to get/build a collapsible all-terrain cart the takes all my RUBs as slide out shelves on the front and perhaps has an integral seat.

I had one of these Rest-n-Roll Multipurpose Carrying Cart With Built-in Seat but they didn't hold up after a year.  I'm thinking of repurposing the frame to stack my RUBs.

Mobile cart solutions / suggestions are welcomed !

Ramseur, 2-12 !

sgtrock

mobile cart solution; put a wagon handle on that prius, ha ha ha.

Nice job on the shed reorg. WW1

WhyWon

LOL

I might have to after my next trip up to PA with all those steel targets for the KD!

Quote from: sgtrock on September 21, 2016, 09:56:41 PM
mobile cart solution; put a wagon handle on that prius, ha ha ha.

Nice job on the shed reorg. WW1
Ramseur, 2-12 !