News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Potential range - Tucumcari NM

Started by scuzzy, August 31, 2016, 02:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Can anybody help with this gentleman who would like to hold an event?

Email I received:

Hello i would like to host a event in
Tucumcari NM 88401 We have a range here no bathroom facilities, however I'm the chaplain of the VFW and we have a large facility at the VFW not to far away that could be used.
Could this be done before it gets to cold?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

azmule

I ride through Tucumcari several times a year - I had no idea they had a range there.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

daniel17319

Im the chaplain of the VFW I can do whatever assistance you need in the range help. I to am trying to become a instructor. I compete in CMP just started.

daniel17319

Bump yes or no answer would be TERRIFIC

goodoldfriend

I wonder if this was posted in neighboring states if it would get a response? Just a thought.

I also note that there is an event in Roswell 11/5 & 11/6. Maybe reach out to those who are doing that event?
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

daniel17319

Just a update on this range, if any of you are wondering. I tried to put this together and had trouble getting instructors to follow up with me and or return my calls emails. Probably just a little to much for them. TO bad but i know everyone is busy. The Local VFW Post 2528 was willing to help in any way possible.

DrRichP

Daniel -

I am sorry there was an apparent lack of follow-up. Please give me a call or send me an e-mail. I will personally follow up with you.

In Liberty,

Dr Rich P
AOC Member, National Coordinator
Project Appleseed
drrichp@projectappleseed.net
Cell       404.428.4837
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

daniel17319

hotairbill

I would like to help.  PM to hotairbill@yahoo.com or call 970-846-3736.  I live in Alamogordo and will be happy to support this effort. 
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

hotairbill

Any interest still???  I will help.
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

colonial shooter

HAB
you might try to contact the VFW chapter here and ask for their chaplain. Explain the situation, and try to work out something beneficial.
just my .02frn worth
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

sleepy

Hi, Daniel

I know the thread is old, just found it. If you still have an interest in getting a shoot going in Tucumcari, give me a shout. I recently got my green hat, and would be happy to facilitate a shoot for a new location.

sleepy