Author Topic: Which Weekend?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline VietVet

• NorthEast Regional Coordinator
  • Retired Senior Instructor
Which Weekend?
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:58:36 PM »
 Just thinking ahead here.

April19, 2017 is a Wednesday.
 Setting up for 2017 which Weekend will be  the "Patriots Day" shoot?

April 15 & 16 or April 22 & 23?

ETA: Didn't realize Easter was the 16th.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:53:23 PM by VietVet »

Offline DrRichP

• National Coordinator & AOC member, 2016-2018
  • Retired Master Instructor
Re: Which Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »
The official date has not been set yet, but if I were to take an educated guess, I would guess April 22 & 23.

Saturday April 15 is Tax day and Sunday April 16 is Easter. Not the best weekend for Appleseed attendance; April 22 & 23 looks like a much better choice.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

“What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition.”  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Offline martin

• Wisconsin State Coordinator
  • Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Faith, Family, Freedom
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 11:55:39 AM »

Good call! Thanks for being pro-active on this, I'll let my shoot bosses know.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Janir

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Persistance - Good for the Soul!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »
I've got Jonesboro, IN board that wants a date and wants the Patriots' weekend. I'm gonna give them those dates as like you said Rich, the other weekend is Easter.
Patrick

The official date has not been set yet, but if I were to take an educated guess, I would guess April 22 & 23.

Saturday April 15 is Tax day and Sunday April 16 is Easter. Not the best weekend for Appleseed attendance; April 22 & 23 looks like a much better choice.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Offline bob 210

• Master Instructor
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 02:11:28 AM »
Yep, I am setting up for April 22-23 as the "April 19th Weekend"
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Offline henschman

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 12:15:06 AM »
We set ours up here in Oklahoma for the 15th and 16th.  That's what the range had available, and that's what the Shoot Boss decided to go with.  We have quite a few pre-regs, so having it on the holiday weekend apparently didn't deter too many... though I did have a couple folks email me that they were disappointed.  Oh well, that's why we have other shoots on the schedule. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819