News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

US Constitution Week - Appleseed Wanted

Started by scuzzy, July 14, 2016, 10:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Just received the email below. Anybody up for this? I told the guy I'd reply back in a few days.

Dear Appleseed Project,

The town of Grand Lake, Colorado (on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park) celebrates a full week of the U.S. Constitution in September each year, going on their 5th year this September 12-17th.

See the link below
http://www.usconstitutionweek.org/

This year's keynote speaker is Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke. See the attached flyers. He will speak that Saturday, September 17th.

The Grand Lake US Constitution Week is the possibly the only week-long celebration of the US Constitution in the whole country.  It offers exceptional constitutional speakers every evening, a student presentation, Constitution Trivia, family activities, a parade, fireworks and much more.  President Eisenhower signed into law Constitution Week in 1956 as an American observance to commemorate the adoption of the United States Constitution. The purpose of the observance week is to promote the study and education about the Constitution. Tom Goodfellow is Grand Lake's founder for Constitution Week (CW) and has posed the question - if all the towns and cities across America celebrated Constitution Week since its origin, would we be in the Constitution crisis we face today?

FYI the Sheriff of Grand County has invited all of the sheriffs in Colorado to the event. In fact on Friday night, September 16th, Larimer County Sheriff Smith along with Sheriff Clarke will have a "Meet & Greet" at  Grand Lake Lodge which many of these sheriffs will attend. Sheriff Smith was instrumental in rallying the 54 Colorado County Sheriffs that filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against two gun control bills passed by the Colorado legislature.

We are also planning on reaching out to Oath Keepers and Sheriff Richard Mack's Constitutional Sheriff's and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA).

Would the Appleseed Project consider doing firearms training as part of this week's events? I have been meaning to sign up for one of your Colorado training sessions then thought what a perfect fit it would be to have you folks do some 2nd Amendment training as part of Grand Lake's Constitution Week. It is perhaps the most important Amendment because if we lose it, we lose all the Bill of Rights in my opinion.

There is an outdoor shooting range in Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado which is about 25 to 30 minutes from the Town of Grand Lake. I have been there on several occasions and it is great! See the link below for this range.
http://cpw.state.co.us/swa/Hot%20Sulphur%20Springs%20SWA%20-%20Byers%20Canyon%20Rifle%20Range

You could do your training there.

I see you will be in Byers, CO September 17-18 so would it be possible to be in Colorado a few days sooner and be part of this memorable event? Having Sheriff Clarke as the keynote speaker with Colorado Sheriffs, CSPOA Constitutional Sheriffs (possibly from around the Country) and perhaps Oath Keeper military, law enforcement and first responders coupled with your presence in firearms training just seems like a perfect fit for promoting our Constitution.

Are you interested, available and what would be the cost?

Thank you in advance for consideration in this event!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Engineer shooting

I could do one day Appleseeds several days during the week......
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

scuzzy

Quote from: Engineer shooting on July 14, 2016, 02:22:24 PM
I could do one day Appleseeds several days during the week......

PM Incoming.

Anybody in the CO area that can help Engineer?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Engineer shooting

After hearing nothing but crickets I contacted them again with the following response:

Ken,

I have been meaning to get back to you. We are all volunteers and time gets spread thin quickly.

Anyhow the folks with Grand Lake Constitution Week (CW) thought announcing fire arm training as part of Constitution Week would seem too partisan. I guess they have had liberals complain in the past that this event is too Republican. Interesting they have been equally invited to attend, participate, etc. but nobody on the left seems to show up. Interesting!

So at least for this year they will hold off and probably reconsider in more earnest training for next year.

We would still love for the Appleseed Project folks to attend CW. There are other events such as being in the parade, having a booth, etc. We all feel like Libertyseeds (where you tell the history of how the American Revolution began) would be an excellent fit. Not sure if they could open up a short speaking spot for something like Libertyseeds, but if interested we could look into this further. Nothing guaranteed at this point.

Hopefully we can do fire arm training next year. Nothing more Constitutional than the 2nd Amendment!

Marc

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther