News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Using Front Sight to spread the word

Started by DesertDog, December 10, 2008, 12:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share something real quick.  As some of you know, I am the owner of a moving business that serves China Lake Naval Weapons Center here in Ridgerest.  My work has me on a different part of the base every day.  A while back I started wearing my Front Sight hat to work, the same one being replaced by V's Orange Hat in my profile pic. ;)

Once every week or so I get stopped by someone who has been to Front Sight.  As we talk about it I ask if they have heard of us, all say no.  BUT, get positive response and direct them to the website.  Don't know if any have checked it out, but "planting seeds" is what it's all about.  Should lead to a few extra shooters in April!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

SamD

Quote"planting seeds" is what it's all about.

Right on target DesertDog.
Keep it up O0

Sam

kool aid

I came to the RWVA because of an apple seed person I met AT frontsight, during a rifle course. nice program, by the way.

So I would say go there and see what they have. Any interested parties who might like to go to a class can contact me and I will hook you up with a certificit to take a class free of charge- but shameless promotion is expected. Wear the shirt, sport the patch, tell the story of this fine thing we have here.

I have no more time to go out there anymore, however. Too busy at the Bilge Pump.......

If you do go, try and be a little slick about the shameless promotion, since it is a BUSINESS.

Bravo DD

Congrats on getting you number last month, by the way.....

Kool Aid
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Uhlan

Wow! It's been awile since I've been able to visit and wanted to emphasize what Kool Aid said. I was the person that mentioned Appleseed to him at a 4-day basic carbine class at Front Sight. I beat the bushes here locally at gunstores and other organizations I belonged to baiting the hook w/ comments regarding my sunburn and shoulder pains and drummed up enough interest to put on a local Appleseed here in Oregon. One curious person becomes one entry level shooter who becomes one more rifleman!
Gabe Possenti; One hell of a shot!