News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC in TN?

Started by DragonWood, December 15, 2008, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonWood

Hi everyone!

I would love to have an IBC in TN. I live in Shelbyville, about one hour south of Nashville. I would even volunteer my home for a place to stay! It's warm and has indoor plumbing!!!! :)

I will contact my local range over the holidays to see if we could use the range some time in the spring?

The IBC can be a 2 day or 3 day event. If a 2 day, can not promise to do any shooting. If a 3 day, we may be able to get some KD in! The IBC is designed for 3 days but can be done in two very hard days.

Because I bid for my schedule about 2 months out, I will need plenty of notice to make sure I get the time off.

Anyone interested? 

DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

EEL

EEL here from Illinos(ucks).  Just finished an IBC here in Ottawa.  21 in attendance!!!  Outstanding time, great instruction, great people.  You folks down there should take DragonWood up on the offer.  You WILL not be disappointed!!!  Most were IITs comming in.  Those that weren't.....definetly are now.

Had to get out the atlas to see where you were.  Looks like about a 7 ish hour drive.  If you can pry Big Pappa off his mountain and a few others, I might be persuaded to make the drive.  If y'all (did I say that right?) don't mind a Yank commin' down.

I'll keep an eye out for more info on this.
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Big Papa

I might be convinced to come off the mountain, :) Come on down Yank!! It will be good to see you.
I'm in. I'm sure Big Mama is in too. ( I will have to ask permission >:D)
I think Rifleman son and Rifleman daughter in law may be available too.
DragonWood, are you sure you want all of us! Indoor plumbing sounds nice. ;)
But if your place is not available, we can have it on the farm about 1 1/2 hour West of you. No indoor plumbing (We can have a shower) and camping only (motel 8 miles away)! 25 meters will be available. :~
How about anyone else?
TNTimberwright? You there?
Bammaboy?
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

dond

I've been thinking about one at Puryear, but haven't approached the club president yet. I will see him Saturday.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Live Oak

How many people are you talking about?  What type of firearms and distances fired? 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

DragonWood

Not sure of how many people yet. I need at least 4 people if I am instructing the IBC solo but no more than 6. If I get help (other qualified instructors....Dond, JB   ;) ) we can have more people.

An IBC is intended to be done over 3 days but we have found that not many people can make it for 3 days so it can be done in two. If done in two days, I promise you there will be no shooting done. We need rifles ( for the mock appleseed) but no time for shooting. IF done over 3 days, you may get some KD in but no promises as history has to be covered on a 3 day IBC.

The IBC came about because many people who wanted to become instructors could not attend a week long RBC. A three day IBC was born which gave way to the 2 day IBC.

DW

AlphaCharlieEcho

Count me in, Depending on the location !

If Closer to Big Papa.. I can do it Easy   ++)
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington

firebear

Calera, AL 1/15

Live Oak

Is it necessary to have completed an RBC before attending an IBC? 
George Washington

Old Dog

Nope.  An IBC is a much shorter version of an RBC.  No shooting, or very little, it would be good to have either shot rifleman scores at and Appleseed or be within "sneezin" distance of shooting rifleman scores.

The IBC is shorter and is mostly about learning to perform the duties of a line safety officer, calling the line, helping diagnose problems with shooter's techniques, explaining the 4 safety rules, the 6 steps, beginning to learn the history, etc.  All the things you do at and RBC except the shooting.  With some IBCs there may be a little shooting but the basic idea is the instructor side of the boot camp experience.

It's a way to get that part of it if you have difficulty getting a whole week off for an RBC.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

colycat

Dragonwood,

If you need me, I can be there.

Merry Christmas

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Big Papa

OK Dragonwood. Schedule it! ;D

DragonWood

Here's the scoop.

First- Big Papa and Big Mama, check your PM's if you haven't already done so.

There will be an IBC in TN. It will be at Puryear, TN on March 21 & 22. Dond will be assisting me.

This is open to new IIT's, instructors who need a refresher, and to those folks interested in becoming an instructor. For those new folks you need to have attended an AS first although it is not necessary to have shot a Rifleman score (for that will come!!)

Dond will be getting this on the public schedule and will have details of camping and hotel info.

Remember, an IBC that is done in 2 days and there will not be any shooting BUT we do need you to bring your rifles for the IBC.  Just as we tell our AS attendees that they will be given a firehose of information, you will be given the same. Days are long and you will learn a lot.

Feel free to pm me with any questions. Also let me know if you will be attending the Puryear one.  I am working with Big Papa & Mama to see if we can set up another IBC that is in thier area.

DW

Live Oak

I would definitely be interested in the IBC in our area.  Have you got some dates in mind?
George Washington

TnTimberwright

Well, if you guys need any more IIT's then I'll be sure and make it.  8)

We need to get some NEW IIT's generated. That is for sure.  So, let's get all the Newbies, and new Riflemen who want to become Instructors that we can get to make it.

I'll keep watch here and plan accordingly to see how this thing develops. Don't see much need for a big batch of IIT's and SB's IF we are

needed on some AS's elsewhere.        BUT, then I'm from TN and I want to make sure we  have all the participation we can get. So,

I'll be there  unless we have an "army" of IIT's coming. :)

TnTimberwright :~
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

Old Navy Doc

I just joined and will do the basic Appleseed at the end of Feb. Be glad to help after then. I live in south Nashville.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

Live Oak

Welcome Navy Doc!  I am a noobie too.  Where are you doing the basic at the end of February?  I am wanting to attend one myself.  I am down south of Linden. 
George Washington

dond

Old Navy Doc and Live Oak,  We're looking forward to having you at our IBC in Puryear; March 21-22.  :D
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

TnTimberwright

DonD,

You KNOW I'll be there too. Man, this might shape into a good one.
I'm off to an IBC with DragonWood in Hernando, FL this week (Thur-Fri) and AS on Sat/Sun.

With a few AS's between, I'll be ready for the Puryear IBC. :)

You know I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. ;D

Take Care. I'm off to FL today (26th). I'll be getting on here where I can find a WiFi connect. PHenry/SB in FL says theres a motel near to my Campground which is 4 mi from Range, so hopefully, they can plug me Online if the campground doesn't have one. They may have one (I hope). @@)

Catch ya later. Keep up the good work. Meanwhile, I'm off onto the AS Trail for this Year starting today. Gonna be running around like a chicken with its head cut off in Feb/Mar/Apr and then good and steady the rest of the year.

Onward and Onward guys. Let's ALL go a bailin.' O0

Bill/TnTimberwright
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

Big Papa

OK Tennessee folks, time to stop putting it off and get signed up for the IBC at Puryear. No excuses! Learn how to bail from some of the best instructors around.

DragonWood

HI Everyone!

I need to know who is coming to the IBC in March.

Please PM me with your IIT level and if you have attended an IBC in the past (if so where and when).

I have asked RW if anyone has registered yet.

If anyone is going and hasn't registered yet, please PM me as well. I would like to give everyone some stuff to study before the IBC.

Thanks, DW