News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manistee, MI. June 11 & 12, 2016

Started by Graywolf, June 13, 2016, 10:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We could not have asked for a better weekend in Manistee.  Saturday was sunny and bright.  Sunday was cooler but equally sunny.  Perfect shooting weather.  Beyond that the range was in great shape and we had 9 shooters come to the line to celebrate our heritage as Americans.  We had 6 new riflemen and one new IIT.   All in all, a perfect weekend.

Congratulations to George, Hank, Don, Glenn, Dave and Mike on scoring rifleman scores.  Well done guys!  Matt, Jim, and Bryan were scoring in the 190's so you guys will get there soon too.  Remember: A rifleman is persistent.

Congratulations and "Welcome aboard" to Mike who stepped up and took an Orange Hat.  Glad to have you join the ranks of the Michigan Cadre.

A huge thank you to the Manistee Muzzle Loading Club for their support of Project Appleseed and for hosting us this weekend.  Special thanks to Greg for making sure we had everything we needed.  This is a really special venue and we look forward to future shoots.

I will post up pics as soon as I can get them off my iPhone.  If anyone else has some, post 'em on up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Mad Badger

Thank you Graywolf.
It was a great time O0 and I couldn't have asked for more concise instruction on improving my score.
The hardest lesson for me to learn was to not get overanxious on the AQT segments. Settling down and adopting the "Rifleman's Cadence" finally sunk in and that was the difference.

The patch was on parade at work today!!!!  ^:)^

I appreciate the opportunity to help in any way I can and I REALLY look forward to the next shoot :))

Muzzleblast

I agree this was the perfect weekend for our Appleseed event. 
I was really thrilled and surprised to qualify for my Rifleman patch.  Also the water baptism was another surprise but given that it was hot and humid I did not mind. 
All the Appleseed instructors were excellent and taught in a manner that everyone could understand and put to practice in each segment.
I look forward to doing another Appleseed next year. 
"Muzzleblast" Hank  :~

Graywolf

Pictures posted in original post.  Sorry for the delay in getting them posted up.  If anyone has any more, please post them.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

DrRichP

Congratulations to George, Hank, Don, Glenn, Dave and Mike on scoring Rifleman. Thanks also to the Manistee Muzzle Loading Club for hosting us, and to tha mazing crew of istructors who made this event safe and fun!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy