News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bunker Hill Anniversary

Started by The Old Guide, June 10, 2016, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

It"s coming up a week from now. This was written by a Colonial soldier in his Bible:

Soldiers faith: Rare Bible carried at the battle of Bunker Hill has moving Inscriptions

"A rare Bible from the battle of Bunker Hill will be exhibited at the Museum of the American Revolution when it opens in Philadelphia next year. The recently-acquired King James Bible is inscribed by American soldier Francis Merrifield, who thanks God for sparing his life in the bloody 1775 battle."

The inscription:

"Cambridge, Jun 17 1775.

I desire to bless God for his Kind aperince [sic] in delivering me and sparing my life in the late battle fought on Bunker's Hill. I desire to devote this spared life to his Glory and honour.

In witness my hand, Francis Merrifield."
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13