Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Dude

• RWVA Instructor
Re: New Member
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »
Icepounder-Welcome  to the great Team Northeast! See you on the trail!
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Offline icepounder

• NE NJ
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 12:08:59 AM »
Cool, it sounds like you should only need a few clicks, so more than enough adjustment room on the rear sight to get it dialed in.  After you get the rear sight secured, put a small line right behind it on the receiver using marker or nail polish or something.  If the sight starts walking back under recoil, you won't be able to see the little line anymore so you'll know right away that there is an issue.  Worked for me. 

Good luck with the rifle, and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you do the trigger.

Well it's been awhile since I've been on. I had family health issues and that took priority.
I finally got around to the new trigger, trigger guard and spring kit. All I can say is it's one sweet Marlin ! The DIPinc. trigger and guard fit perfectly and have a nice finish. I set the trigger screws for the creep and overdraw and blue loc tited them. I installed the MCARBO trigger kit as well.
I started out with a trigger pull weight of 6 lb 10 oz. I now have a trigger pull weight of 4 lb 10 oz and virtually no creep or overdraw. I had my daughter out at the range 2 weeks ago and she loves it as well.  O0
Those  who  are  brave  are  free ..

Marlin 795 LTR / Henry AR-7 /Mossberg 500 / Ruger Mini 14/ Browning Buckmark / Sig P228 / Kimber Gold Match 2

Offline NJrefugee

• Shoot Boss
  • When I say WHOA - I MEAN WHOA!
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »
Glad it worked out. Hope you're able to get to an Appleseed event soon!