News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free Appleseed Gift Certificates a Big Hit!

Started by MeanStreaker, December 14, 2008, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

A big thank you goes to everyone that made the Appleseed certificates possible for the statewide Ohioans For Concealed Carry "Meet and Greets" that occurred last night!

10 folks at five different locations throughout the Buckeye State were thrilled to win the certificates as a door prize and look forward to attending an event this year.  I believe (don't quote me) that each of the winners was someone that has not yet attended an AS event.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Frenchie

And we are already fielding a few questions about Appleseed from the winners on our own OFCC forums....which helps new people see and understand the program for the first time (most importantly, the people who only read, not post, on the forums...the ones who are not active in any 2A (OFCC), American Heritage Program with a Traditional Marksmanship Program* (Appleseed) or other like-minded programs yet). 

*I just read FF's big post..have to use his definition :).
Mr. Glock @ OFCC

slim

We  :~ are  :~ NOT  :~:~ 2A  :~ organization.  :~

We are a Heritage organization. A heritage organization in which everyone shoots 4 MOA or better!  :~ :~ :~

Frenchie

Slim:  You forgot the words "American" and "Traditional" ;)
Mr. Glock @ OFCC

slim

American  :~ Traditional  :~ and yes, we are just a little bit Pro-2A!  :~

Just be sure that when you're out there talking up Appleseed that it's not "we go shootin'!" It's, "we'll make you a better shot.... and teach you about your Heritage as an American through Traditional Marksmanship."

slim

Several of our Appleseeders up at G'Burg this weekend were OFCC'ers and a couple had the free certificates. They'll be back again, and next time, they'll be bringing buddies!

Hook, line, and sinker!

Fred

Quote from: slim on December 21, 2008, 03:00:00 PM
American  :~ Traditional  :~ and yes, we are just a little bit Pro-2A!  :~

Just be sure that when you're out there talking up Appleseed that it's not "we go shootin'!" It's, "we'll make you a better shot.... and teach you about your Heritage as an American through Traditional Marksmanship."

I can't believe our Mission is so unimportant that it doesn't get mentioned somewhere in a description of our program.

The reason we're out to engage our fellow Americans in their history and heritage is to wake them to the need to preserve, protect, and "pass on" that heritage. So that a heritage of liberty unique in human history does not disappear...

(Guess "saving a nation" would be too radical - and maybe too cocky - for most people to accept, at first blush, so we slip that in later... :))
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...