News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Is sold out of most M1s

Started by 2 clicks low, May 13, 2016, 11:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

They only list Special Grade .308 conversions, M1C and M1Ds.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

So glad I got mine 2 years ago.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Camljr

They are just not accepting more orders right now...

It gives them a chance to catch up with current orders, and to grade enough rifles for the next sales wave.

They obviously don't have as many as they did... but they still have crates and crates to go through stacked in the warehouses.

Now they may not have any quantities of 1903's or 1903a3's, or 1917 Enfields, or Carbines, especially after the most recent Carbine sale of 8,000 that just ended. SSome folks did not make the cut on the Carbines, either...

Those rifles, if they receive any more will probably go to auction or only be available to walk in customers in their stores.

There was a finite number of wartime rifles made, and they aren't making any more of them...
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

hogfamily

Sad thing is that there are thousands of M1 Garands and M1 Carbines that are in foreign countries that could be brought back home if our current govmt administration would not have banned the re-importation of these historic firearms.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Kosciusko

There are 160,000 M1 Garands and 800,000 M1 carbines in South Korea.   

They are being blocked from reimportation by the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave.

Your vote this November matters.

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

TaosGlock

The "gun'' auction sites have also increased their prices.
Previous M1's I was watching have been re-listed $100-$200 more.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Specialkay

Son of a . . . . .

I had literally printed off my CMP Order Form, filled out and notarized, and was waiting for my proof of CMP Affiliated Organization (RWVA - purchased on May 9th, waiting for paper notification) before I sent my order form in.

What a bummer. . . .
May 2016 - Rifleman - Ramseur (216)
June 10, 2017 - KD Qualified - Ramseur (33/40)
June 11, 2017 - KD Perfect Score - Ramseur (40/40)

maxwell

Looks like you'll just have to wait a bit longer, but they should be opening up to orders again once the backlog clears, according to Judy at the CMP.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=1470461&postcount=10504

I've had a service grade on order since mid-February, and haven't heard anything from CMP since early April. More motivation to figure out the occasional FTF on my current one :/.

ITB

Am I correct in assuming you can still buy Garands in person?  CMP north is about an hour from me, and I was thinking about buying another for my son's 16th birthday.  All of his friends have Mosins, so he wants to be different.   :)
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: ITB on May 16, 2016, 10:49:41 PM
Am I correct in assuming you can still buy Garands in person?  CMP north is about an hour from me, and I was thinking about buying another for my son's 16th birthday.  All of his friends have Mosins, so he wants to be different.   :)

You can, but the shelves at the South Store have been pretty bare for some time.  It's a sad sight to behold compared to just a few years ago.   :(
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TOMINCT

Some of you may recall a few years ago that the story was they had enough for about 2 years worth of sales. The rebuilds and increase in price have probably helped sales last a little longer.

Also, they could be holding back to have a quantity for the National Matches.

There will be some in the future, but less in the way of choices and price hikes will be the norm, me thinks.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13