News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Adaptive?"

Started by Henry Foxall, April 25, 2016, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Foxall

(If posted in the wrong area, please forgive and repost as required.)

I have a question concerning "Adaptive Appleseed."

A close friend was scheduled to attend this past AS in Ramseur, but medical conditions precluded his attending (he is currently being worked up for possible MS).

He asked me today what the possibility was of attending AS anyway, paying the full ticket price, even if simply for the instruction and lessons in history. He states he would not wish to endanger anyone, and would likely not pursue the Rifleman's patch, as he is now using a walker and some positions (as well as time constraints) would be problematic.

I told him I would immediately get this posted to see if there is anything we can do for him.

Thanks!
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

2 clicks low

Adaptive means that we will make every reasonable and SAFE adjustment needed to accommodate a person. This includes modified positions, benches, rests.... As long as it is SAFE in the eyes of the Shoot Boss we can accommodate your friend.

I have had people in wheel chairs firing off bags on a bench as well as a young man with muscle control issues firing a rifle tied down to prevent accidental sweeps.

Come. You will be taken care of.

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Henry Foxall

TY Two Clicks. Will pass along and get his kit together. Stay safe!
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

DrRichP

According to our standard policy, adaptive shooter shoot free.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Henry Foxall

Charles McKinley

Please contact the Shootboss ahead of time.  They will be better prepared and things will run much smoother.

Your friend will have a memorable and positive experience.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Henry Foxall