News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD Eagle Creek, OR, May 21/22,2016 AAR

Started by Prescott, May 22, 2016, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

I am so glad that Appleseed has the support of ranges like Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.   It is very generous of them to provide AS a range in which we can schedule Known Distance event.  It is truly a glorious event when 17 American can get together and practice their long range marksmanship.

The weather forecast looks pretty bad for this weekend, but all in all, it was a pretty decent weekend.  We only got a few sprinkles on Saturday and a couple showers on Sunday.   The sun actually managed to sneak through the clouds on Sunday and dry off the soggy shooting mats.   I neglected to put on any sunscreen and my cheek feel a little sunburned.

I would also like to thanks the shooters that showed up for the event.   We had close to a full line and this made for enough shooters to make a good amount of noise during the transition stages of the AQT.  This kept a smile on my face and reminded me how grateful I am to be an American.

Congratulation to all the new and repeat KD Rifleman.   We had 5 new KD rifleman and 6 repeat KD rifleman.  Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!   The remainder of the shooters were all showing great grouping and just need a little more practice to get their scores to the Rifleman score.   Every shooters has the skill set to get there, and I am confident they will all achieve the score at their next event.

Speaking of next events,  AS will be back at DRRC on July 21st for a one day KD event.   As we have the range only available for one day, this next event will be all about shooting KD AQTs.   There will be time to get some DOPE on your rifles, but this event will primarily be for people who know what they are all about and just need more range time and practice at distance shooting.

I would also like to thank all the instructors who signed up to work this event.   We can not continue to grow AS and offer events like this one with the support of our volunteers.   It was a pleasure working with everyone and I am looking forward to seeing you on the line again.

I will get some pictures posted soon.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

Pictures
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

More pictures

Kimber Custom

Huzzah to the new KD Riflemen!

So sorry I wasn't there. Looks like a fabulous weekend.

Texas T

Being formerly from Oregon (over 40 years), we used to drive by this range on the way to Boy Scout camp. I always wanted to stop there and see what it was all about, but didn't have a rifle. Hope to return to the area at some point for some vacation time, and might be able to participate in an event if schedules coincide.

Looks like a great place to set up a line, and I'm sure that your team had a great time.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Libertarian777

I had a great time at the shoot! First time I have been to a KD where we had to drag the firing line around, and I thought it worked pretty well. A lot of very good shooters and brisk instruction, with some fantastic history thrown in. Thanks for tolerating me in semi-incognito mode.

whit

Huzzah to all the new and requalified "Long Range" Riflemen.  I am pleased to be a part of your ranks.

Excellent event and I'm so glad I could be there.  Thanks to the Instructor core that pulled their weight so I could spend the my time shooting.

For me this was a huge reminder on how important proper SHFs are to maintaining your NPOA.  I had become complacent with shooting 22LR and ARs so my recoil compensation skills had been on vacation.  Leave it to a 308 to remind me to use my 3-finger handshake grip to FIRMLY pull the butt into the shoulder pocket.

Or as Prescott likes to say......Snuggily into the shoulder pocket.

Journey great to see you again.  Hope to see you at another event in Oregon.

Thiftshot thanks for stepping up and congrats on IIT1.  I look forward to seeing you grow in the program and earning your Red Hat.

Whit