News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso Community College and Appleseed Events

Started by WestTx, December 24, 2008, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestTx

From the El Paso Times article dated 12-25-2008 and El Paso Inc article dated 12-28-2008
"The Law Enforcement Training Academy at Mission Del Paso Campus, EPCC, will be hosting at least 6 Appleseeds during 2009, the first February 28-Mar 1. Barry Bogle(Director Continuing Education Law Enforcement Training Academy) feels this is an important first for El Paso Community College. "We have an opportunity to teach rifle safety and marksmanship combined with a review of American Revolutionary War history. The combination is both unique and of interest to all, from children to adults."  Mr. Bogle went on to comment that no one really teaches basic rifle safety and marksmanship in the best practices manner used by Appleseed.
Johnny Eoff (LETA Instructor) says he and other instructors will be bringing their children as well as interested students to participate in the January 17-18 Appleseed Event at Fort Bliss Rod and Gun. Then EPCC plans to promote their own Appleseed hosting throughout the year as well as assist in the promotion of the Monthly Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club event. EPCC Mission Del Paso campus facilties can accomodate 20 participants, while Fort Bliss Rod and Gun can accomodate up to 150.
The event is $45.00 per day or $70.00 for the two days for adults at either location. Women, persons under 21 and over 7, and active duty military are always free, but must register. Walk ons are accepted at an extra charge.
The Appleseed Program is designed to take a person from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away -- no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.
Registration for the event at www.appleseedinfo.org."
Rifleman. That says it all.

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

WestTx

This was a combined effort. Many thanks to John Gnauck, an October El Paso Appleseed participant who has gone the extra mile in making contacts. His contact and email to folks at EPCC unlocked the floodgates. Scout field the web inquiry from Riflewoman, who received an inquiry from Mr Bogle. Scout stopped by EPCC on his way to the Mesilla IBC and talked with Johnny Eoff. EPCC personnel were so enthusiastic they insisted upon immediately scheduling Appleseeds. I just followed up with the paperwork and a kind-of-sort-of mini-seed for the interested parties.
This truly was a great team effort and my sombrero is off to John Gnauck for persistence.
Rifleman. That says it all.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

This news made my day! Go El Paso!

My hat is off to everyone who made it come to pass!  O0    :~
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

SamD

OL' WestTX is a  busy boy.
Keepin' it on the move. O0

Sam

BlueFeather

Boy WestTx and SamD, I guess we're all going to have our weekends filled running ASes!  Way to go!  O0

Merry Christmas to all, and we'll see you all at the Alamogordo event!

BF
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)