News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2016 Schedule of CMP Rimfire Sporter at Thurmont

Started by MikeCee, April 13, 2016, 01:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCee

Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club has several CMP Rimfire Sporter Matches scheduled for this year. This could be an opportunity to get some interest in Project Appleseed by demonstrating the effectiveness of the program's marksmanship training. I'd previously found that the host at Thurmont holds Project Appleseed in high regard so I'll be sure to have plenty of pamphlets ready when I go.

You'll want to have registered at the CMP website before showing up to do the shoot. I think you can do so after the fact but it's better to have one ahead of time.

Most of you probably know this already: the Rimfire Sporter Match is for smallbore rifles that weigh 7 1/2 pounds or less with sights; trigger pulls of more than 3 pounds. O-Class rifles have open sights; T-Class rifles have telescopes (max. 6X). The latest rules allow aperture sights to shoot in their own class at the discretion of the host, so Tech Sights no longer have to shoot against scopes. Firing is done at 50 yards in prone and sitting and at 25 yards in standing positions, in slow and rapid fire modes. Please note that the standing position is done without a sling.

The start time for the matches is 9 AM.

24-Apr
28-May
18-June - Clinic - 8am to 4 PM
21-Jun
10-Jul
17-Sep
30-Oct

Address is 11617 Hunt Club Road, Thurmont, MD 21788. Web site is http://www.tcandsc.org/

I will once again be attempting to get these started at Berwyn Rod & Gun Club as well. I ran into some resistance last year but it looks as if the new Rifle Officer there will be seeing things my way.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

MikeCee

One important reminder to anyone who has not previously attended a CMP event at Thurmont, you must download this waiver http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Affidavit.pdf and have it notarized.

Hope to see a few of you there! This is another milestone on the road to me hosting them at Berwyn Rod & Gun Club in Bowie, MD.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD