News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new range!

Started by Weezer, April 08, 2016, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Woo hoo!   Texas has a new range!       ^:)^ ^:)^

Starting this fall, there will be a few events scheduled at a beautiful private property belonging to one of our Orange Hats.   Be sure to give jla1911a1 a HUGE hug and a big thank you when you see him for generously offering his property.   ;)

It's located south of Ft. Worth in Godley, TX and can accommodate 20 shooters.     This will be really convenient for people in the DFW area, especially in Ft. Worth.  (30 minutes from Ft. Worth, 35 from Weatherford and roughly 45 from Arlington/Mansfield)   We have plenty of  DFW instructors and even more shooters who have been waiting for events to pick back up in this area, so keep an eye on this thread for information regarding event dates!   O0     
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

jla1911a1

The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.

DrRichP

Awesome. Keep up the good work of spreading the message Weezer and Team Texas.  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

jla1911a1

I built the new AQT backers as discussed with Weezer for AS events.

They are a simple design that uses my steel FBI silhouette bases as stands. The bases are designed to accept a standard 2X4 and will hold it vertical. Each of these backers measures 3 feet tall and the target backing area is 24"X96" and as you can see by the pics will accommodate 5 AQT targets easily. I built 4 of them as I have 8 FBI silhouette bases which will accommodate a sold out event of 20 shooters at my range.

And since the Target backing area is 24" and the AQT is 12.5"X19" the frames will last quite a while and can be re-used over and over. The 24"X96" backing area is simply 1/2 sheet of plywood. 10 quick screws and were back in business with a fresh backer.

We tested one of them today and its perfect for the intended use. 5 guys on 1 backer and plenty of room for them all.

I tried to post pics but cannot for the life of me figure out how..
The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.

Weezer

jla... If you go to a photo sharing website like Photobucket, you can resize and re-format your pics so that they're in IMG form - they'll post really nicely here if you do that.   Or, if you just send them to me via email, I can do it for you and throw them up here for all to see.    :)

Thank you for building those backers - it sounds like they're going to work out really well!    Scuzzy just got back from running the Midland event and he's catching up on an inbox overflowing with email.  Once he confirms the dates, I'll put them up here ASAP. 

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

jla1911a1

10/4 

Sending pics to you via email now weezer

Weezer

Here are those beautiful backers jla1911a1 made:

Weezer

And here are some dedicated souls practicing before coming out to the Waco event next weekend.  Looks like we're going to have some Patriot's Day Riflemen.  Huzzah!   :~ O0

jla1911a1

scuzzy

Huzzah!

And looking forward to meeting all the new IITs this coming weekend in Waco.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Weezer