News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is this it for '08? What now?

Started by ItsanSKS, November 04, 2008, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

We've run our course of scheduled events here in Florida, and I, for one, am looking forward to the next Appleseed, and hopefully, the next IBC to come to the Sunshine State.   I haven't made Rifleman yet, afterall!

(not for lack of trying, I assure you)

This state is home to many people that cherish their freedom, and respect the heritage that we've been passed.  The numbers of attendees at our events speaks to this fact.  However,  I feel that with a concerted effort, a little elbow grease, and a lot of perseverance, we will be able to easily double or triple these numbers next year. 

Thats a hope, a goal, our Sacred Mission. 

How do we accomplish it?

We need to bring more people with us- even if they aren't there to shoot, just so that they can hear the message.  Who knows? Maybe that non-participant will hear a message that resonates within them, as has happened to so many of us.  Bring anyone you can convince to come; have them hear the message of our True Heritage, and what we need to do to preserve it.  Boosting our attendance at events, even if by people who are not there to shoot, spreads the word better than any letter or phone call you can make- only by experiencing an Appleseed first hand will a person truly be able to judge our program for themselves, and we owe it to our forefathers to bring as many people as will listen. 

Beyond attendance, we need notoriety- we need those local newspapers, outdoors guides, and community bulletin boards to be full of information regarding our program.  Many community bulletins offer free posts; local radio stations also have a web presence, and may be willing to put a blurb about our program on their website, if not on the air.

This program has lofty, but attainable goals; but the only way we are to achieve them is if every one of us puts in our 100%   We've done well so far, but there is much more that needs to be done!

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

funfaler

Well,

That sunshine state needs many more Appleseeds!  The Appleseed crew down there needs lots of help in setting up new locations and getting shoots set up at former locations.

There needs to be a shoot in SW FL, or two, in January. 

Pensacola needs one in January as well.

Jackson area needs its first Appleseed as well.

Southeast FL has yet to have an Appleseed.

Central?  Why not. 

Can anyone give me a good reason why January can not see 4-5 Florida events? 

We need the events in the South, all across the South.  Florida has a great base to build upon.

I want to urge you all to coordinate with PHenry.  He is your best point of contact for this.  He also needs your help!  Step up, 'grab your hat and musket' and meet him on the Green in Florida.   The only person to blame if you are not happy with the lack of Appleseeds in your state (any state) is yourself.  Each of us can make it happen in our corner of the country.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

funfaler is right on the money.

Let's see just how tough you are.

"Florida, in January?"

Now, that's gottabe tough!

But, someone has to do it, and I don't see anyone but you, standing around... ;D

If we have five AS in FL this Jan, then in Jan '10, I wanna see 20 - heck, we can do it. All we gotta do is want to do it.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

PHenry

To all:
I am slacking badly, but not completely.  :-[

I have just secured a possible January date (today) at HSC. Diane will put it and the other three before the BOD this very evening.

Also, there is a certain "rough and tumble redneck" in Ft. Myers who would much like to host a December event. He wants a 20 minimum and needs a range fee, prepaid, of $50.00 from each. This is on private property and is by invitation / recommendation only. The range fee includes gourmet food and one of the best venues in the country. Just ask Fred - they don't git much better'n this!

I have been given a green light to call the range master at Manatee for any dates that he can give and I will do that ASAP.

Hopefully I can get at least three dates from Manatee - one of them being the April 19th weekend.

And then there is the Glades - I need to PM LadyGunner and see what she can do on that one.

I have no contact for Pensacola, but I understand they have a venue up thar????

An attendee from Hernando is working on a venue in Jax., but I have not heardt about that yet.

An attendee at the recent Myakka event has a range in mind and I am waiting to hear about that as well.

Beyond that, I will need some hep locating venues and turning out more IITs.

The best news is that a new man has stepped up to help - he offered same at the recent Myakka event.

So, thar's a new sheriff in town...................and his name is Eric!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

hunter_02

Fred, greetings from S.W. Florida. I was privileged to attend the Nov 1-2 Project Appleseed event in Myacca City, FL this past weekend. Because your writing seems to exhibit a certain pathology, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. ;D However, my mind was put at ease when I saw two familiar faces with orange hats; Jack, a local 'high power' competitor of some renown and Don 'sterling mann', a local class three manufacturer. I've known or known of these gentlemen for several years. The other 'orange hats' in this group of instructors included Mike, 'doublelife', and Michael, a former rescue jumper. The 'red hat' was an infectiously enthusiastic, energetic gentleman named Trey, 'PHenry'. The selection of these men as instructors for the Project Appleseed Program I don't think can be beat. The instruction was first rate and their relaying of the events of April 19, 1775 was right on the money.
Because of certain medical hitches I did not make rifleman nor had I planned to. For me, this was more of a triumph over the Grim Reaper than anything else. I will however be at the next one, more limber, better prepared and be wearing my 'Rifleman's Patch' home.
I want to thank these gentlemen for the time they give and the expertise they bring to the program. And thank y ou Fred, for bringing about this sorely needed Project.
Thanks again
Yours for a polite society.  James W. Fry

PS For anyone planning to attend an Appleseed Event; 1. BRING a SLING.  2. PRACTICE PRONE.  You'll put yourself light years ahead

If my Sweety could shoot like Karen, I could stay home and 'cook'

PHenry

Update!

I have now added a total of 11 dates for 2009 here in sunny Florida, with more in the "works". That was the easy part.  8)

Now we need attendees and instructors. How do we git them?

You step up - that's how! Pre-register for an event today.

If you want to truly serve Lady Liberty, then PM me and I will get you a bucket for bailing (many of your fellow Americans already have).

You can attend one of the upcoming IBCs (hopefully in January - working on that).

You can distribute fliers to local gun shops and ranges, etc. You can run a booth at a gun show. You can do Emailings - plenty of ways to serve Old Glory around here!

We need instructors, promotion, and attendees in order to maintain the traditions of thems that came before us.

What value do you place upon Liberty?

Talk is cheap - only hits count.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata