News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Donated Table at Great Lakes Emergency Preparedness Expo March 26 at Birch Run

Started by Whippet, March 08, 2016, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whippet

It is time for the next expo and they have once again donated a table to help us spread the Appleseed message. Anyone able to help, please come on out.

The Great Lakes Emergency Preparedness Expo (GLEPE) is the leading emergency preparedness convention in the Midwest. The next GLEPE shows will be held at the Birch Run Expo Center in Birch Run, MI on March 26, 2016, and at the Ingham County Fairgrounds on June 24-25, 2016 .

The Great Lakes Emergency Preparedness Expo offers exhibitors a large audience of survival professionals and industry enthusiasts.  The event is open to the public and will be advertised extensively via direct mail, social media and internet marketing.

Local businesses and emergency responders, including the local government agencies and military professionals. are among the many pre-registered exhibitors with floor space and booths at the GLEPE.

GLEPE attendees will learn about preparing a 72-hour kit, food storage, and water purification. Other vendors will provide tips and information about first aid, gardening, pet care preparedness, radio communications, cooking, and heat, light, and fuel options.

Numerous training classes, presentations, and demonstrations encompassing the prepping, self-reliance, and emergency management industries will make the Expo a one of its kind event for both attendees and exhibitors.

http://www.greatlakespreppers.com
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Grindstone

I have march 26 on my calendar to help with this. It would be nice to get a few more sets of vocal cords to help out. I don't know how our previous presence at this event effected numbers at events, but unlike the gun show audience, most of these people are interested in knowing what we are about.

Charles McKinley

We worked the Erie, PA event last year and signed up at least one family for a NY shoot.

These are great people and I hope that they do well enough to come back to PA or Ohio this year.

In Liberty,

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

D.O.M.

I've been cleared to attend this event. It'll be good to get out, even though it's a hike... See you there, Eric!

Rick
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

What is available as far as banners, booth set up things, etc?
I have a few old tri-folds that i've put label on to reflect the new pricing
I have some "mona-lisa" posters, and targets, of course.
Should I bring shirts to give away for a donation?
What about rifles, should I bring a sampling?
Perhaps a white board to do some impromptu IMC or KD?
a dummy rifle would be good, with a laaaaaazer.

Oh, and how do we gain access? I'll be in Appleseed attire, of course.
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Grindstone

I am going to pick up the gun show display on Friday. It's been a while since I've seen what's in it, but I think we are covered for basic table items and background. Modified trifolds would be helpful. I think the focus lately has been to direct people to the website, so giving out targets is as good or better than some old trifold. I will let Whippet have the last word on rifles since he has been our main contact with the show promoter, but last time I was there we had a few on the table. If you have a good example LTR, that would be my choice if we could have only one.

Another good question: who wants to take the display home afterward?

D.O.M.

Roger on the display. I'll bring some paracord and duct tape and stuff for IAO purposes.
-looks like they provide the tables
-past IAARs indicate presence of rifles, so I'll bring my LTR-ish .22s.
-I'll bring my dummy rifles and a mat.
-the expo starts at 9:00. Should I plan for an 8:00 arrival?
-I'll bring targets and what I have for hand outs; swat mag reprints, etc.
-I'll print some michigan "calendars" to have on the table.
-I'll print an email sign up form for people to put their contact info down if they want
-I wish I had some business cards to hand out. Rats...

Not sure about the display... If it's not being used downstate, I could take it. William G. Gruff III is lining up some gunshows up in da nort country here, ya.

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Whippet

Hello Fellas,

THANK YOU!!! for helping out.

Just walk in the loading doors on the "back" side of the building. Unfortunately the venue would let us display "live" firearms.

See you the Saturday.

Whippet
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Grindstone

Today I made and printed 78 copies of a pocket size "calendar".  They will probably be obsolete in a few weeks, so I didn't want to produce a lifetime supply.
I will follow suit and assume 8:00 is an OK start time. Rats about the prohibition on the display of live firearms.

D.O.M.

Roger on the "no rifles" requirement.
See yous guy Saturday mornin'

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73