News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Riflemans Boot Camp

Started by Redwolf, December 31, 2015, 06:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

Looked at the schedule but did not see a Rifleman's Bootcamp for Ramseur for 2016.  Is one in the planning any time soon? Like the end of January or so.  There is a 3 day unknown distance shoot that is mention on the site, is that in the planning?
Thank,s

Pain Killer

March 13-18 and October 16-21 in Ramseur. It has been on the schedule since November. Don't go to the Appleseed schedule, look under Boot Camp. I just checked to make sure and it is there. Thanks for the Inquiry. We have a great Shoot Boss from Florida hosting the event in March. I hope you can attend
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Redwolf

Thanks for the info Pain Killer. March is bad timing for me,I was hoping there would be one in January or February. How about the Marksmanship Clinics for  Known-Distance Workshops? It talk about a weekend program. Is there a schedule for these.

Pain Killer

May 14-15 and August 27-28 are the Known Distance clinics. These clinics expect you to have the fundamentals from a traditional Appleseed fairly well understood and practiced. Not much time is spent on that. These courses are very detailed in shooting out to distance. Target Acquisition, Range Estimation, Come-ups, Wind Estimation and more. You will need a small notepad to make notes for your individual Centerfire Rifle.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Henry Foxall

Signed up (finally!) for the RBC. Told the wife I would sleep in my TRUCK if I had to, but I was GOING, one way or another, lol. Gathering ammunition for my center-fire, hitting the February AS to stay in touch/in tune. Looking forward to it! :D
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

jmdavis

I think that I've camped at Ramseur, in every month of the year. March is usually not bad at all. January and February can be chilly, but the worst was one November with rain, sleet, and temps not out of the mid-30's. Cold is one thing, but wet and cold is another. Whether the back of the truck or a tent, you should be fine. I usually use a hammock system with tarp and under quilt that gets me through temps down to the teens.

We used to do RBC's in Feb, May, and August.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Engineer shooting

I found out last week on the schedule page the RBC was listed as an IBC, Scuzzy quickly changed it. Now we need some shooters. :---

Got one article printed http://www.thetimesnews.com/article/20160212/NEWS/160219625 hoping for more. 
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Henry Foxall

Just a question - is there any way to determine how many tickets have been issued for the RBC at Ramseur in March? I don't know if the "counter" I see on my computer at the registration page "updates" (I have a rather strange 'puter! >.< ) Thanks!
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

George63

event brite tickets available vs capacity

but rbc especially ramsuer often has a lot of instructor shooters that do not necessarily show on EB

PHenry

no worries over capacity. Engineershooting knows how to run relays.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Engineer shooting

Come to Tallahassee and we'll have a one man RBC, or more if anyone wants to see what Spring looks like.  ..:..

Quote from: TheChief94 on February 15, 2016, 03:00:14 PM
Signed up (finally!) for the RBC. Told the wife I would sleep in my TRUCK if I had to, but I was GOING, one way or another, lol. Gathering ammunition for my center-fire, hitting the February AS to stay in touch/in tune. Looking forward to it! :D
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Henry Foxall

The way things seem to be going here, it would be economically feasible. It appears I am going to attend the most expensive two-day Appleseed I have ever attended next weekend...if it is not cancelled  :wb:

tmizzi

Just tried to register for the RBC on 3/13 but Eventbrite indicates the event is currently unavailable.  Has the event been cancelled?

Henry Foxall

Yes, cancelled...I received an e-mail notification of cancellation...

tmizzi

Thanks for the heads up Chief.  That's unfortunate.  Not easy adjusting schedules and rearranging work to get a week off.

Henry Foxall

Engineer, I would gladly take you up on your generous offer - downside is I am "into" the Asheboro area for the next 8 days with regards to a non-refundable hotel deposit. Giving up the reservation would put a considerable hit on my bank account that I can't really afford.  :-[ Will keep an eye out on your area - I don't mind a road trip if things happen.  O0

Thanks SO much, Engineer!  :bow: