News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Harvard, MA 2/13/2016

Started by lupis42, February 15, 2016, 06:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

Well, that was a cold one indeed!  With the sun nowhere to be found, the forecast high a balmy 19, and the predicted windchill factor approximately -35, it was not a day for sunshine patriots.  Fortunately, Americans are a hardy breed, and our five shooters were prompt and prepared, so we dove right in and were able to make use of the relatively warm morning. 
The morning redcoats were a sharp reminder, if it were needed, that the icicle patch is no easy achievement, with only one shooter able to hit three times at 200 yards.    Galvanized by the challenge, we all set to work. 

By 3:30, with the temperature down into the single digits, the sun sinking below the berm, and the wind threatening to turn exposed skin frostbitten in minutes, our shooters lined up for the afternoon redcoat.  Tired, cold, and with rifles that were likewise struggling in the cold, nevertheless those groups had tightened up enough that most could be covered with a quarter. 

Thank you all for coming out!

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Lima Tango

This was an excellent event!
I'm glad I could be a part of it with you all!
-LT

capnmike

My son and I had a great time as usual guys, Thanks to you all for putting it on.
That was my last Appleseed attending as a free loader.
In April I will bring the orange hat. O0