Author Topic: KD Winterseed, Great Falls, MT- January 23-24, '16  (Read 674 times)

Offline peterlandsiedel

• Shoot Boss
  • Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitut
KD Winterseed, Great Falls, MT- January 23-24, '16
« on: December 03, 2015, 09:34:41 PM »
Up for a challenge?

The Great Falls Shooting Sports Complex has agreed to give Project Appleseed exclusive use of their 600 yard Silhouette range this January 23-24, 2016 for a KD Winterized. Yours truly will be shoot bossing the event. This event is open to all instructors, and any shooter who has attended at least one prior Appleseed.

Shooters will learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, as they apply to targets out to 500 yards. Target ID, Distance Estimation, Wind reading, Drop/Dope, and much more will be taught and applied. There will be no .22 shooting.

Shooters will face adverse, winter conditions. Great Falls is known for having lots of snow, and lots of wind in January. Shooters should bring the following:
  • Center Fire Rifle with click adjustable sights
  • Adjustable Sling (USGI recommended)
  • 350 Rounds Ammunition (same brand and grain recommended)
  • Shooting pad (rug remnant/camp foam work well)
  • Appropriate Clothing (shooters should expect to spend 8+ in cold, blowing, snowy conditions)
  • Food and water (I will be providing lunch, but snacks are a good idea to help keep warm)
  • Any equipment needed to maintain your file
  • Any equipment/gear you need to spend outside in winter conditions

The shoot will run from 8AM to Dusk both Saturday and Sunday. Registration is limited to 10 students, so please pre reg as I don't want to have to turn away anyone brave enough to show up. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Hope to see many of you out there!