News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED BLUFF, CA NOVEMBER 28-29, 2015

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 30, 2015, 06:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

It was a chilly November weekend....

15 Americans showed up to learn on Saturday.  8 of them were walk-ons...56Huck brought his family out for post Thanksgiving fun!  One family that we talked to at the Redding gunshow decided to come out and learn some new shooting techniques.  8 returned on Sunday

Saturday started out a bit slow due to the cattle on the range...twice we  had to stop and move the cows and calves out of our way, but the students were attentive and we plowed on. 

The folks were amazing in the way they soaked up the information.  Their attitudes despite the chilly weather was amazing. 

A break for lunch in the range building with the fire going, three strikes told, bodies warmed up and fueled up, then it was back to the range.

We managed to get in 2 AQT's before the end of the day.  Cory proved he knew what he was about a very nice 217.  Jeff rescored rifleman, proving that he still knew what he was about, with a 217 also.

We promoted Scoutcamper to Red Hat, and retired his orange hat with a volley of rifle shots....many holes adorned the faded orange hat....

The youth we had on the line were well deserving of the Luthar Blanchard patch. 

Sunday was sunny and very chilly.

8 shooters returned, a few were only able to come for Sat and one came up sick Sunday morning.  You were all missed.

The two youth we had (10 yrs old), were amazing in the way they remembered what we taught Sat., answering almost all the questions about safety and the positions....way to go Ian and Austin!!

Lance posted 4 back to back rifleman scores, 231, 211, 224, and 222, proving he knew very, very well what he was about.
Jeff continued to post some nice scores as well...his highest a 235.

We finished Sunday as the sun set, the end of a great weekend.

Congrats to the new riflemen!

Congrats to Scoutcamper!

Thank you to all the shooters for coming out and for helping us tear down and clean up.

Thank you to my instructors for coming out and making this a great event!

The Crew

Laurie  (shoot boss)                                 NorCal22Gal
Joe                                                            eaglescouter
Matthew                                                   Scoutcamper
Tim    (Huck)                                              56Huck

Thanks again, hope to see you all soon.

Laurie

5akman

Laurie,
Thanks for the very well organized weekend clinic! I had a great time and am already looking forward to the next one I can attend. Now just to figure out which gun to shoot........ :)

L

NorCal22Gal

You're welcome Lance.  Congrats on the rifleman scores.   

Bring Tim out again and your wife!

5akman

I think Tim and I will try to get to the next one in Sacto. I'm working on my AR right now to get it ready to shoot (accurately) and Tim just took off the tech sights on his gun and put a scope on. With his glasses, he can't shoot well with the tech's.

I'm also working on my wife in regards to the "ladyseed" event. She is a breast cancer survivor and has lots of issues with upper chest/neck/shoulder pain due to numerous surgery's so she is not sure she can lay on the ground in the prone position for very long. Does she have any options on shooting positions?

L

NorCal22Gal

Yes she does.  We'll work with her.  One thing to do for her and most anyone is to put the target low on the backer...reduces neck and back strain.

See ya next weekend.

5akman

Probably going to be the March or April Sacto shoot as we can't make the Dec clinic. Is there any curriculum in either print form or online in regards to becoming an instructor? I've looked through the forum here but was wondering about actual curriculum.

eaglescouter

Quote from: 5akman on December 03, 2015, 10:11:50 PM
Probably going to be the March or April Sacto shoot as we can't make the Dec clinic. Is there any curriculum in either print form or online in regards to becoming an instructor? I've looked through the forum here but was wondering about actual curriculum.

There is a very detailed handbook we call the Instructor Manual that becomes available to new Instructors, along with an active mentoring program to ensure that our instructors are up to the tasks that they are asked to perform.  We don't 'throw you to the wolves', we work as a team.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)