News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Townsend Nov 14 & 15 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, November 11, 2015, 07:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Shaping up for a great shoot in Port Townsend this weekend. Light rain is predicted for Saturday and AM showers on Sunday. Hope to see you out there.

Earl

A wonderful first day of the Appleseed, family shooters, lots of instructors, and pretty good weather, considering that the wind wasn't and that the rains were light.  I learned a lot and enjoyed sharing the little I could and as always I came for the history and heritage.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kimber Custom

Light rain indeed on Saturday. A few puddles but nothing these future riflemen couldn't handle. Instruction was well received along with a healthy dose of heritage. Despite some equipment malfunctions, including a canopy casualty, everyone appeared to have a good time.

Young Owen got sick so dad had to take him home and one of our center fire shooters had some trigger issues that (I assume) kept him home Sunday.

Sunday's weather was perfect. Sunny and clear - dry. Shooters petered out shortly after lunch though but many promises to return.

Thanks all for coming out. Look for our 2016 events to be posted soon.

Ross

It was a great event!  I look forward to attending future Appleseeds.

A couple of people asked about the 10/22 I was shooting -- it's a factory model straight from Ruger; they call it the "Collector's Series" -- http://ruger.com/products/1022RCS/models.html.  It comes with the Ruger modular stock system (so you can swap out different lengths of pull and cheek combs), sling studs, a built-in rail for mounting optics, and "ghost ring"-type built-in sights if you prefer those.  I like it a lot.