News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stamford Vt, October 24, 2015

Started by TOMINCT, October 26, 2015, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Hello, just a short start here. I'll have more to follow later.

Some cooler weather didn't cool the enthusiasm of 8 shooters who showed for the one day shoot in Stamford, Vt. The event went well with a culmination of 1 new rifleman and several improved shooters from the experience.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Quigley

My wife and I enjoyed everything except the weather. Great instruction. We are looking forward to the next one, and my son is hoping his schedule permits attendance soon.

Grumpy1

This was my First event in The Green Mountain State, and it definitly will not be my last!

Tom did a Great job with this fast paced one day event.

Students did a Great job as well, coming together from Five States O0, to learn, as one the Craft of Rifle Marksmanship.

Congrats to Kevin, A New Rifleman :---

A special Thanks to Tim, for the use of his range :bow:

Pictures to follow....
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

Pics
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

kimbers

Had a fun time at the one day event. The fall foliage was perfect! I look forward to attending another Appleseed there.

TOMINCT

OK, let's start with the beginning. 8 shooters to start, all with various levels of experience. The redcoat getting things moving with 3 100 yd, 1 200 yd, 1 300 yd and 2 400 yd effective shooters. 2 shingle hits with one cleaning it. Not much room for improvement you say, perish the thought!

The day ran well with instruction and breaks with scoring and our American Heritage being infused along with it. By late afternoon we had the AQT grind started and culminating in a Rifleman! Kevin hit it hard all day and got it with a 215. Nice shooting.

Several other shooters pushed it but seemed to peak before the day ended. That, plus numerous magazine jamming issues with 10-22's. Never seen that much trouble with that system, ever! Except here!

The final redcoat had a different ending, our earlier 400 yard shooters had to leave early BUT of the 6 remaining attendees we had 2 200 yard and 4 300 yard effective shooters. Nice job everyone, very nice! Everyone had a great day with all experiencing improvement for their efforts.

A big thank you to Grumpy1 for helping with everything and anything needed. Look forward to working together in the future.

Also got to meet kimbers and longrange, our 400 yard redcoat shooters. Nice shooting and hope to meet again.

A big thank you to Tim G who hosted the event. Unsure as to the possibility of future events as some construction is planned where the impact area is located, but there could be a REAL winterseed there this year, at least we talked about it. Stay tuned here!

A Rifleman persists.
Ramseur 2-12!

Quigley

A winter seed? Hmmm count me in. My wife gave me an evil look when I mentioned it, so I am guessing she is a no. I would be there however. Thanks again for the instruction.

TOMINCT

You are welcome.

BTW, of the 8 shooters on the line, there was 1 from VT., 1 from Mass., 2 from NY., 2 from RI. and 2 from Ct!

Ramseur 2-12!

VietVet

Quote from: TOMINCT on October 28, 2015, 01:55:15 PM
  BTW, of the 8 shooters on the line, there was 1 from VT., 1 from Mass., 2 from NY., 2 from RI. and 2 from Ct!

Very Nice!
Nothing better then a line filled by "Boarder Raiders"!

Great work guys.  O0

Lets draw them in from ALL over the Northeast.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!