News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kansas enters the Appleseed Program, in a very BIG way!

Started by funfaler, November 30, 2008, 02:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

Exciting news from the land of the "Jay Hawks"!

We have the FIRST KANSAS APPLESEED scheduled, but more than that, we have the first Kansas Appleseed set for April 19th!  What a way to kick of a new state, with the "Super Bowl of Appleseed".

But wait, there is more!

Joe, the land owner, even with me not understanding for half the conversation with him (and Dad and Cindy), wanted more than an Appleseed Shoot.

Joe has not only broken the Appleseed drought in Kansas, he has done it in a very LARGE way by setting up the first Kansas Designated Appleseed Range.!

So Kansas not only gets an Appleseed, they are blessed with a base to churn out Instructors at will, a great place for actual distance shooting, Rifleman Boot camps, Instructor Boot Camps, minis  and Appleseeds at will. 

This is an exciting first for Appleseed.  Not only going to a new state for the first time, but to start with a Designated Appleseed Range, right from the starting blocks.  This is a chance to see just how fast we can go from zero to an Appleseed State! 

Like I said, Dad, Cindy and Joe had to hammer it into me for a couple of hours, before I understood where Appleseed was headed in Kansas.  I was thinking new state, first Appleseed, they were handing  a DAR and Appleseed program on a silver platter.  Shocked?  You bet!  Who would have thought?   Ole funfaler shows up in Wichita, KS, hoping to announce the first Appleseed in Kansas, happy at the thought, and to have to have these fine folks have to "draw me a picture" of what they have to offer, and my short sightedness missing what they were saying.  If you only could hear how many times poor Joe had to say "That is what I am talking about", before that deaf funfaler across the table heard it....amazing.   I sure did put these fine folks through an exercise of "persistence'.

So, just to paint a picture.  We now have a location in Kansas, near Wichita, that can host about 75 Appleseeders, IBC and RBCs at will, with actual distance shooting out to 450 yards, camping, an in-place Instructor corps, and a wide open potential.  WOW!   And they bought the coffee...

So, sleepy Kansas has hit the Appleseed scene like a giant twister, just stirring up everything, but in a very good way. 

Special Thanks to Joe, Dad and Cindy, Appleseeding that way the Founders would have done it  ;)

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

SamD

Junior Birdman

I think this whole Appleseed thing is going to take off!  ;D

Congrats to KS! Better get ready to drive that golden .308 round into the ground, Fred! (Dummy of course....)

(Sort of "Manifest destiny" for us, huh?)
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

smle

And its only about an 8 hour drive (give or take).

Things are definitely getting better.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

Greg in MO

Great!  Only a 3 hour drive for me...  Woohoo!  Heck, that's as close as Osage Beach to me.

Lookin' forward to it...

Greg

funfaler

Quote from: Greg in MO on December 01, 2008, 09:36:29 AM
Great!  Only a 3 hour drive for me...  Woohoo!  Heck, that's as close as Osage Beach to me.

Lookin' forward to it...

Greg

Hey Greg, if you like that, you will like the next announcement about Kansas  ;) ;D ;D

Now the question to you...Have you contacted "Dad", the State Coordinator for Kansas and offered up your services to help him promote Appleseed in KS?

We will be announcing a new location in the Southeast of the state and there are folks near KC/Topeka that have been asking for an Appleseed.  They need some "nudging" to get them to find a location.   

Heck, you folks in Kansas play your cards right.....you could have 15 Appleseeds in 2009  :o   So step on up, there seems to be plenty of Appleseeding available ;) ;D ;D

cmidkiff

GREAT!

Anything I can do to assist, please let me know.

If nothing else, I've got several relatives in KS that I've yet to drag to an Appleseed... No more excuses for them!

Chris Midkiff
MO Coordinator

Rex Dart

Quote from: funfaler on December 01, 2008, 12:21:58 PM

Hey Greg, if you like that, you will like the next announcement about Kansas  ;) ;D ;D

Now the question to you...Have you contacted "Dad", the State Coordinator for Kansas and offered up your services to help him promote Appleseed in KS?

We will be announcing a new location in the Southeast of the state and there are folks near KC/Topeka that have been asking for an Appleseed.  They need some "nudging" to get them to find a location.   

Heck, you folks in Kansas play your cards right.....you could have 15 Appleseeds in 2009  :o   So step on up, there seems to be plenty of Appleseeding available ;) ;D ;D

Yes, I've contacted Dad. Looking forward to some more concrete info that I can kick information distribution in to high gear. I have contacts/influence with the Kansas Rifle Association, Kansas Concealed Carry and DoubleTap Defensive Shooting club.... including the aforementioned KS/Topeka questers. As soon as a complete contact package (Times, range location, price, point of contact, etc.) the word will go out. I have no doubt we can fill the April 19th event, and subsequent events, pretty easily.

We have a line on a couple more private ranges which might host an event in NE Kansas. I think the key to getting those land owners off-center will be to get them to the Wichita event in April.
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand...
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

funfaler

Man, I love it when "Appleseed" works like this.

You folks in KS have a golden opportunity to "show up" many other states, and to take a GIANT leap forward "for the Cause".

Hmmmm....moving to KS starts to look interesting.....the belly button of the nation, I see T-shirts in the future  ;)

MemaJean

Congrats!  Success in a very big way!  Everyone wins!  It's a little far for me but I know how exciting your first Appleseed event will be!    MemaJean

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Rex Dart

Posted on the KSCCW.com forum. Five people (plus me) are ready to sign up. Called the gun shop in Toganoxie which has been agitating for an Appleseed, and he's got at least seven ready to go without even pushing things.

I have page layout software; as soon as we get the details finalized I will be happy to localize an Appleseed event flyer, and post a PDF for distribution.

Dad, give us marching orders! The Riflemen of Kansas are hearing the call and are ready to muster for training.

BDG

wow, thats frigging sweet. Kudos to getting it up and running!
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!

oldgrunt

Boy you take a 2 week break to chase deers and looks what happens .....

OUTSTANDING ..Now I have to call all those guys back and tell them its only 110 miles away ..lol Seems there will be a sooner flavor in the kansas area ..looking forward to the new year..
                                                           OLDGRUNT ..out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

ErikAnderson

Count us in for KS AS this year!  Congrats, looking forward to it!

Rex Dart

The enthusiasm continues to grow here in Kansas. The thread on the KSCCW.com forum has many replies from people wanting to know more and "bring everyone they know." I recieved a message today from Patricia Stoneking, current president of the Kansas Rifle Association, offering to promote the Kansas Appleseed event(s) on in the organization's printed newsletter and web site.

The masses await! We are hungry for information and details!

Lex T. Concord

EXCELLENT!!  I have a friend just north of Wichita, whom I have been trying to pry off the couch...

This will take away his excuse!!

Thanks and Blessings!!

Stay Safe!

Lex
Discover the WAY, Grow in the TRUTH, Develop into the LIFE!  ~ John 14:6, enhanced

Self-defense is a God-given right - 2A does not grant this, it recognizes and supports it!

Interesting times with unimaginable challenges lie ahead... GET PREPARED!  And hurry every chance you get!  Tempus Fugit!

funfaler

Hey Rex and all,

This is exciting!

It appears that with some effort and some coordination, we could have Kansas jumping right into a full blown Appleseed state, just right out of the starting blocks.

To be serious, what is going on in Kansas could easily become a model for other states to follow. 

It appears that you folks are lining up promotional partners and building relationships before your first shoot.

Keep in mind that as of now, your first shoot is April 19th.  That is the "super bowl" and "Daytona 500" of Appleseed, all in one.  It is THE day to be on a range, someplace in America  :o

It also appears that there will be a couple more locations available in 2009 for Kansas Appleseeds, which should be on the schedule in the next month or so.  We could use some location near Topeka as well as Western locations, so ears to the ground.....no better yet, feet to the ground, let's go get them now while they are all still sleepy from winter  ;)

How about an article submission to the Kansas Rifle Association announcing the Designated Appleseed Range and the fashion that the program is coming to the state.  Highlight the April 19th events, give details about the program?  Think that they would be interested?  Save them some writing  ^-^

I like to see Appleseed happen, it warms the heart and spirit  O0 

lanceegarrison

HELLO ALL MY NAME IS LANCE GARRISON I LIVE IN WICHITA .
WHEN IS THE NEXT SHOOT I WOULD LOVE TO GO.

Rex Dart

Quote from: funfaler on December 12, 2008, 02:45:39 AMWe could use some location near Topeka as well as Western locations, so ears to the ground.....no better yet, feet to the ground, let's go get them now while they are all still sleepy from winter  ;)

I'm in discussions now with a shooting buddy who has land near Frankfort, KS.

QuoteHow about an article submission to the Kansas Rifle Association announcing the Designated Appleseed Range and the fashion that the program is coming to the state.  Highlight the April 19th events, give details about the program?  Think that they would be interested? 

I'm certain they would. Have you something ready to go? If not, I'd be happy to take whatever notes/outlines/directives and turn it in to something.

bwollard

I see in the 2009 schedule that there is an Appleseed shoot just outside of Oxford, KS. It is listed with only a 25 meter range available. Is there a possibility that this will be expanded in the future so that we can shoot the long rang on Sunday?

ksuguy

Glad to see that there is finally something scheduled near where I live.  I was thinking of driving 8 hours to hit the one in Raton New Mexico in April, but it looks like I won't have to make the trip!   

oldgrunt

We will be having one about each month .. All summer long it should be a great time to shoot ..PM me or DAD if you need  help with anything before you come to a shoot ...

Look forward to seeing you all real soon....April 18 19 should be a blast for sure new range and great folks coming from all over the Tri State area...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

GlockCop

My wife and I are all signed up for the Oxford shoot. We are looking forward to it very much. We live in OKC and signed up for this one before the Badlands shoot had been finalized. Instead of changing some of our other friends from here in Oklahoma just decided to come on up to Kansas. Looking forward to it.

Nishnabotna

mountainmanmik

I cant make the April event but will make one of the later ones. I am VP of the Kansas Muzzleloading Assoc and will have an article in our next newletter about Appleseed.