News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman's Boot Camp in Ramseur NC

Started by Pain Killer, February 21, 2015, 11:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

Calling all Riflemen and Women. The Home Range in Ramseur NC will be hosting an RBC March 29 - April 3. Senior Instructor Engineer Shooting from Florida will be the SB. (One of the Best!) Appleseed offers this Bootcamp over 5 days to take your training to the next level and to have an opportunity to shoot actual distance to 500 yards. You will learn Target Identification, Range Estimation, come-ups for your optics, rifle trajectory, wind doping, and compensation for Extreme Temperature changes. The first 2 days will be held at the 25 yard range to fine tune your Rifleman's skills with the remainder of instruction out to actual distance. Please consider joining us and if you have any questions, just let me know.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Engineer Jim

I'm in too.

Any idea what the round counts may be at short range and at KD?

Jim

Pain Killer

Plan for 900 .22 LR and 300 centerfire. an extra 100 of each wouldn't hurt though
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Bluesteel

I'm in.  How do I get a spot in one of the on-sight shacks?

Pain Killer

One is reserved for the Shoot Boss and the other sleeps 4. Contact Wildman or Hawkeye to reserve.

Cowpens

I'm considering signing up and attending.  I have been to one Appleseed so far and just missed rifleman.

For rifles I have a CZ452 bolt 22 with iron sights that I would use for the 25 yd portion.

For distances 100 yds + I assume that one needs to shoot a center fire rifle.  For that I would shoot my Rock River NM Services Rifle (223). 

Would these rifles be OK for this RBC?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - I would use iron sights for all shooting.

PHenry

While the CZ is very accurate, the bolt is a challenge during the timed AQT. I did once see an 82 YO man make score (249) with a CZ bolt trainer he'd had since he was young. I'll bring some loaners if u want to go semi, but the skills are much the same.

Besides, making score with a 22 is not near as much fun as with a CF rifle.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Pain Killer

You can use the .223 on the 25 yard line as well at Ramseur. The limiting factor is the difference in the cost of ammo. You will not regret coming to an Appleseed Boot camp!

Morpheus76

I grew attended this event and need to get ahold of Engineer Shooting to let him know I,m finally on the forum... Can't seem to find a contact list here?

The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.