News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed.. NEW location Romney, WV 10-10/11th @ Max Velocity

Started by BeSwift, August 30, 2015, 09:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Need everyone's help to spread the word to help fill the line at this shoot. This is a high profile facility that we'd really like to make a "regular" stop...  http://www.eventbrite.com/e/romney-wv-appleseed-october-10-11-2015-tickets-18347804778
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Bruce in WV

You might consider inviting this gentleman to put on a talk to go along with the 3 strikes. He does a superb job demonstrating the arms of the day and he's not that far away. I don't know if he is familiar with AS, but it sounds right down his alley.

http://williamsflintlocks.com/education/

BeSwift

Might be better at IWLA being that this is our 1st event at a new venue... I like your thinking though!
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

DEH

-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Arrigetch

Brian,
Thanks so much for setting this up!  This is a wonderful place with like minded people.... I am hoping it will take off!
O0

BeSwift

Now, all we need is to fill the line and get our "A Team" signed up to work the event!
Ralph Waldo Emerson

DEH

-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Roswell

Awesome! Max Velocity rocks! I'll do what I can help to spread the word.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

BeSwift

Bump bump bump... Still got 9 slots on the line to fill, and not a lot of time to fill em. Beat those bushes folks...
Thanks!    O0
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Roswell

Has local press been contacted? I can help if not. New ranges are ripe for local exposure. Not sure what all Max has done. I know the Alumni are aware of it.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24

brianf31

Did this shoot get cancelled? I don't see it on the schedule anymore.
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

BeSwift

All:  I am sad to announce that the event at Romney has been cancelled. Long story associated with it, but suffice it to say, it isn't going to happen. All instructors signed up to work the shoot have been notified, and all students are being refunded...     B
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arrigetch

I suggest that a IAAR for cancellations be filed for this..... there are some serious lessons to be learned here.

Roswell

Quote from: Arrigetch on September 22, 2015, 09:21:28 PM
I suggest that a IAAR for cancellations be filed for this..... there are some serious lessons to be learned here.

Yes, lots of questions as well. :(