News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orphan event Summerville, Sept. 12-13

Started by DrJohn, July 22, 2015, 07:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

There is a full weekend Appleseed event planned for Summerville, Chatooga County, the weekend of Sept. 12-13. Wayne Richey, president of the Chatooga County Gun Club, requested us to come up again and run an event. Because of various conflicts, including the beginning of deer season, we settled on Sept. 12-13, but so far there are no students pre-registered and no instructors have volunteered.

The weekend in question is also the weekend of the Actual Distance event at Graben River Farm, in Elbert County. Ben is the Shoot Boss and I am an instructor for this latter event, which is open to the public as well as Appleseed instructors. I suspect that the KD event will attract more students as the date approaches, and that instructors who have the weekend free, will prefer to come to the KD event rather than go to Summerville. But I could be wrong. At this point we could easily cancel Summerville and schedule it at some other time. I solicit your input. Summerville has been most kind and generous to Appleseed in the past. Various club members set up an outdoor kitchen and provided a hot lunch at nominal expense, and the event has been well attended in the past.

Please help me decide what to do. Should we cancel Summerville the weekend of Sept. 12-13, or is there a Shoot Boss and several instructors willing to forego the KD event and work the event at Chatooga County? Any help in making this decision is most gratefully appreciated.
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

Roswell

I just adopted it.  ;)

I will be shoot bossing this event.   :---
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23